Re-mapping function keys in AXIS

More
14 Jun 2012 01:04 #20896 by pferrick
Hi all,

I've finally upgraded after running an older version of EMC2 for a loooong time, and of course I've forgotten how to do 90% of the customization that I bashed through all those years ago...! I have perused the forum and the manuals, but have come to the conclusion that in the interest of time I'm going to go ahead and ask for a pointer. I know it's going to come back to me quickly once I find out where its documented.

a) For example, how would I go about making the F12 key set the feedrate to, say, 10% of its maximum value? That'd be handy for touching off.
b) Or having another function key send the machine to a specific set of coordinates for unloading or parking?

thanks,
Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2012 08:46 #20902 by ArcEye
Hi

This comes up quite regularly - search of 'key mapping' on the forum search would find this amongst others as your starter.

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/compo...4675&limit=6&start=6

Don't think its mentioned in that post, xev is the commandline app that logs keystrokes and will identify which codes you need for various keys

regards

More
14 Jun 2012 10:34 #20905 by BigJohnT
B is usually done with G28 in your G code file or using a pyvcp button on your screen or a physical button to execute G28 as a MDI command. Note you will need to define the G28 point and more info in the User Manual.

John

More
14 Jun 2012 13:10 #20914 by andypugh
pferrick wrote:

how would I go about making the F12 key set the feedrate to, say, 10% of its maximum value?

The "1" key does that. And the "2" key gives you 20% etc.

Upgrading to 2.5 shouldn't have broken the existing configs, though. Or did you upgrade the Ubuntu version at the same time?

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds