Spindle joint Following error

More
05 Jul 2012 15:30 #21612 by SRT
I am retrofitting a Lathe with EMC. 30 Hp Reliance DC motor and spindle drive. My problem is following errors on the spindle joint......If I try to spin the axis by hand with EMC in the run state I get a following error and I attribute it to EMC seeing movement when there is none called out or requested. The second case is when I actually call for spindle movement I get a following error before the spindle gets up to speed. The spindle starts but the following error shuts everything off pretty fast. Any Ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2012 15:35 #21613 by PCW
The spindle is normally not a motion axis so following error should not even apply to spindle motion. Can you post yout HAL and INI files?

More
05 Jul 2012 15:42 #21614 by SRT
I will try

File Attachment:

File Name: rick.hal
File Size:17 KB
Attachments:

More
05 Jul 2012 15:43 #21615 by SRT
INI File

File Attachment:

File Name: cinlatheini.pdf
File Size:32 KB
Attachments:

More
05 Jul 2012 15:46 #21616 by SRT
I see I do have it as a motion axis. I do believe that was created through PNCconfig but it was so long ago that I have forgotten that part. I am starting to make major progress but the problems seem to be getting bigger....LOL

Thanks

More
05 Jul 2012 15:56 #21617 by SRT
What are my choices of signals except the motion signals? should I be connected to the manual signals?

More
05 Jul 2012 16:58 #21622 by PCW
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.4/html/examples_spindle.html

Has some open loop examples
(you would have to change the hardware pin names)

More
05 Jul 2012 17:00 #21623 by andypugh
SRT wrote:

I am retrofitting a Lathe with EMC. 30 Hp Reliance DC motor and spindle drive. My problem is following errors on the spindle joint......If I try to spin the axis by hand with EMC in the run state I get a following error

This is rather odd.
Which axis shows a following error?
Is it possible that the resolver numbers are mixed up? Can you check in machine->show hal config ("Watch" tab, the other tab isn't updated live) that moving the spindle changes the value of resolver.00, and that X and Z are on Resolver.01 and 02 ?

You are one of the very first users of the Resolver driver, so it is possible that there might be a mix-up inside the code.

More
05 Jul 2012 20:10 #21634 by SRT
My spindle is fine........I was getting feed back on my x axis that was actually my joint error. I was hasty with the error.....because every time I touched the spindle I got the following error. I am goung to move the x axis away from the spindle on the resolver board. Thanks for the help today.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds