step direction spindle also functions as C axis

More
22 Jul 2012 23:52 #22327 by stevestice
Hi I have been working on this a bit was getting a few errors I commented out 2 lines and eliminated most of the errors but still have these. I never did get the ini file to download but added the pgain, igain and dgain to the [AXIS3] section as you said. I am attaching the files again. I included the pinout file also. Thanks Steve

can not find -sec MOT -var MOT -num1
can not find -sec IO -var IO -num1
can not find -sec LINUXCNC -var NML_file - num1
gang_stepper.hal:173: Pin 'stepgen.3.velocity-cmd' was already linked to signal 'APOS-cmd'

File Attachment:

File Name: steve_gang...8cfe.ini
File Size:9 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2012 23:54 #22328 by stevestice

File Attachment:

File Name: gang_stepp...4076.hal
File Size:6 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: gang_stepp...4076.hal
Attachments:

More
22 Jul 2012 23:55 #22329 by stevestice

File Attachment:

File Name: gang_pinout.hal
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

More
23 Jul 2012 11:22 #22339 by andypugh
stevestice wrote:

gang_stepper.hal:173: Pin 'stepgen.3.velocity-cmd' was already linked to signal 'APOS-cmd'

I am puzzled by that, as it worked for me. I can't really look at it now, but you can probably comment out the "net apos-cmd" somewhere in the HAL file and see what happens.

More
26 Jul 2012 10:44 #22479 by stevestice
Hi I screwed up when I added the PGAIN,IGAIN,DGAIN. Still have the same errors when I try to run unless I comment out the net apos-cmd, then it seems to work.
I get a step to the spindle about every 10 seconds. but that is probably due to the net apos-cmd line being commented out. I will work on it more and let you know
what happens. THANKS for the help steve

More
26 Jul 2012 19:53 #22498 by andypugh
stevestice wrote:

I get a step to the spindle about every 10 seconds. but that is probably due to the net apos-cmd line being commented out

It is possibly due to the scales being all wrong everywhere.

More
27 Jul 2012 10:24 #22509 by stevestice
Hi I adjusted some numbers last night and things are running. Still have the spindle oscillation you talked about, will work on that more tonight. I am not good at this PID thing, what are some good resources to read on these calculations? I have seen some formulas on the forum and will do some looking tonight. I still do not see the problem
with the "net apos-cmd" line, I printed the hal commands manual I hope reading it a few more times something will sink in. How can I modify the gui to show spindle rpm? THANKS Steve

More
27 Jul 2012 12:09 #22515 by andypugh
stevestice wrote:

Hi I adjusted some numbers last night and things are running. Still have the spindle oscillation you talked about, will work on that more tonight. I am not good at this PID thing

In this case all you need is for the P term not to be higher than the accelleration (but as the units are arbitrary and not necessarily to an obvious timebase you can't necessarly tell by inspection)
Start with a very low P and increase it until it oscillates, then back off a bit.
You can change it "live" at the command line with "halcmd setp pid.0.Pgain 20". I suggest the command-line as there you can use tab-completion and up-arrow to bring back the command history.

The problem with Apos is that it was used by your original HAL files and I didn't properly untangle everything. Only one "signal" (Apos is a signal, a freely-chosen label) can connect to any pin and you already had Apos linked to the stepgen position.

More
05 Aug 2012 11:19 #22843 by stevestice
Hi I am still working on it. It is working so far. I have added a opto 22 pci-ac5 card to my system, currently using port 0 with 12 inputs 0-11 and 12 outputs 12-23. right now I am trying to get M8 flood coolant to output 12, when I start linux cnc I get a error that opto_ac5.0.port0.out-12 does not exist. I know i am missing something I have printed quite a few hal files looking for examples.I have attached my hal file.
Just a idea-some thing i have done is print and have spiral bound all my linux cnc manuals and other manuals. I find it easier to study and find info than reading pdf's on the computer. Others may want to do this?
Thanks for the help
Steve

File Attachment:

File Name: gang_stepp...6ed2.hal
Attachments:

More
05 Aug 2012 11:27 #22844 by andypugh
stevestice wrote:

currently using port 0 with 12 inputs 0-11 and 12 outputs 12-23. right now I am trying to get M8 flood coolant to output 12, when I start linux cnc I get a error that opto_ac5.0.port0.out-12 does not exist.

It is probably worth checking the pin list. Open a terminal and type
halrun
loadrt opto_ac5
show pin

And see if physical pin 12 is …out-12 or if the inputs and outputs are numbered independently.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds