Is this a bug?

More
19 Jul 2012 08:48 - 19 Jul 2012 09:03 #22175 by grandixximo
Is this a bug? was created by grandixximo
I have made a simple g code and a tool table do demonstrate this bug.
The g code will work fine if you start from the beginning, but if you load the second tool from MDI 'T2M6', and you try to start from the T2M6 line in the g code with the "run from here" option, then the error of G42 entrance too short will appear, but it is not true at least not for the lines after the line you run from.
Then after you do this, try to remove your current tool from MDI 'T0M6', an error stating that you are in G42 will stop you from removing the current tool, only sending a G40 command in MDI will allow you to remove the tool.

If you add a T0M6 line before the T2M6 line, then you can start from the T2M6 line with the T2 loaded.

Since this seems to fix the issue I haven't report this bug on the sourceforge, still I have made my tool change so that I don't have to type T0M6 each time, because I was not aware of this problem until recently, and nowhere in the documentation I have read that is better to remove tools before loading the new one. but it will not be hard for me to change my tool change to include T0M6.

Nonetheless, I still think that is wrong of the interpreter to send me the G42 too short entrance error, what do you guys think?

File Attachment:

File Name: bug.zip
File Size:0 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Jul 2012 09:03 by grandixximo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2012 14:45 - 19 Jul 2012 18:18 #22195 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Is this a bug?
What I think you found is another bug with "run from line". It does not handle some things well like subroutines and cutter diameter comp it seems. I found another but but forgot what that was... must be sometimers.

John
Last edit: 19 Jul 2012 18:18 by BigJohnT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds