The feed-hold function and re-wind function

More
19 Aug 2012 11:10 #23390 by raychar
Hello, again,

i) In previous "external pause/resume.." program. There are "addf and2.0 servo-thread etc," can it be changed to base-thread, what will be the effect on the response time then?

ii) I also tested the feed-hold function by external button. It works. Which response time are faster when comparing it with the previous program of "pause/resume.."?

ii) I have another special function want to implement. The re-wind, that is, something like re-wind a video tape. I read through the manual and don't find it. Can it be achieved by write a program or will it be included in future...

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2012 11:55 #23391 by BigJohnT
If a component function states "requires a floating-point thread" it can not be used in the base thread. The best place to look at the components is the online html docs .

LinuxCNC does not rewind.

John

More
19 Aug 2012 12:46 #23393 by andypugh
raychar wrote:

i) In previous "external pause/resume.." program. There are "addf and2.0 servo-thread etc," can it be changed to base-thread, what will be the effect on the response time then?

MOTION runs in the servo thread, so there is no point updating the inputs to it any faster.
The servo thread runs 1000 times a second. How far does the machine move in 1mS?

ii) I have another special function want to implement. The re-wind,

Sorry, there is no rewind in LinuxCNC. It is quite likely to appear in the next major version but I wouldn't rely on that.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds