Clicking "Home" button by mistake.

More
02 Apr 2010 14:12 #2492 by cwebs
Sometimes when I am in a hurry or tired I hit the "Home" button when I was setting a zero to X,Y, or Z.
Is there any way to stop the cycle or do I have to let it run and home all again? Thanks Carl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2010 11:04 #2494 by BigJohnT
You have to let it run.

John

More
03 Apr 2010 11:09 #2495 by cwebs
That's cool, I'll just laugh at my dum ass when I do it again. Carl

More
03 Apr 2010 11:26 #2497 by BigJohnT
There has been some talk about sending feedback to the mouse to give a small electrical shock when the mouse pointer is over the home button when all ready homed but not much came of it.

John

More
03 Apr 2010 15:40 #2498 by bigalex
Why is not possible to activate a popup window that ask to confirm the operation of axis homing ?
I had the same problem .....
Usually on commecial cnc it is possible to stop the procedure while is needed by using a STOP pushbutton (ABORT operation/command not Emergency) .
I think it is like to stop an MDI command .
Excuse me if I'm wrong.

bigalex :blink:

More
03 Apr 2010 17:44 #2500 by alex_joni
Replied by alex_joni on topic Re:Clicking
This will be present iirc in the next emc2 version (2.4.0) when it will be released later this month.

Regards,
Alex

More
23 Apr 2010 18:46 #2658 by carlhelquist
Ah yes, I have been known to do the same thing.

At one time I modified axis so the home button would go inactive after homing. I could still use the keyboard or a pull down menu to home if required. I also changed the key sequence to initiate homing to alt-home or similar to prevent my other favorite unintended homing error. I lost my changes when axis updated, and I haven't had the gumption to make the changes again. Now I am more careful about coffee consumption around the machine.

My problem is that I use reference marks for homing. So accidentally hit the home button and blamo, the machine thinks the current position is home.

Carl Helquist

More
13 Dec 2011 17:14 #15638 by cwebs
Hay! Glad to see this is fixed. Thanks Carl

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds