Articulated robot

More
29 Oct 2012 23:45 #26003 by gois
Articulated robot was created by gois
Good morning everyone!

I want to make a robot arm like this link:

My doubt is the following, even today just did carteziano Robot with 3 to 4 axes. In this case need to control at least five or six axes forming the joint. ]
My main question is how to transform G-code in Cartesian coordinates angle.
The EMC2 has a tool that assists in this, or any other software that can help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2012 03:20 #26013 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Articulated robot
I'm not positive on what you are asking but...

To control a robot arm in linuxcnc you would need to write a correct kinematics translating program.
there are samples available in the sample configs AFAIK

After that you use regular gcode. linuxcnc uses the kinematics file to convert requested Cartesian moves to proper joint movement.

By the way this is the same file that needs to be written for 5 axis milling machines etc.

Chris M

More
30 Oct 2012 03:28 #26015 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Articulated robot
in sample configs look for puma ans scara for a robot arm simulation.

More
30 Oct 2012 20:26 #26061 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Articulated robot

My doubt is the following, even today just did carteziano Robot with 3 to 4 axes. In this case need to control at least five or six axes forming the joint. ]
My main question is how to transform G-code in Cartesian coordinates angle.

LinuxCNC does that for you. You write the programs in XYZ(ABC) and the kinematics module converts that into joint lengths.

There are included kinematics files for PUMA and SCARA type robots (where you just need to put the correct joint lengths and offsets into the INI file).
If your robot is a different layout then you need to use genserkins, which is a general purpose kinematics for serial robots. To set that up you need to work out the Denavit Hartenberg parameters for the robot.

Staying with a PUMA or SCARA layout might be easiest, but LinuxCNC can be persuaded to operate most things.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds