Mach3 v Emc2

More
10 Nov 2012 14:42 #26427 by ramhobbies
Mach3 v Emc2 was created by ramhobbies
Can mach 3 pre printed g code be used in Linux emc2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2012 17:09 - 10 Nov 2012 17:13 #26428 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Mach3 v Emc2
in most cases yes , as they are both based on the same underlying fanuc style , however their can be differences mostly in the modal codes ( M Codes )
but these can of course be edited as required .

comments are usualy marked differently , and linuxcnc does not need line numbering , these again are easily changed

gcode files are simple text files and can be hand edited
it is often required to edit gcode files to suit particular machines , a good book to aguire is CNC Programming Handbook 3rd edition by Peter Smid
this shows just about all gcode and mcode flavours and discusses each in detail , and can be helpful if changes are needed , also see the gcode section in the Documemtation of Linuxcnc

Always test your gcode and have a run through with no tools to see if theirs any errors or changes need to be made
Last edit: 10 Nov 2012 17:13 by cncbasher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ramhobbies

More
10 Nov 2012 19:44 #26431 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Mach3 v Emc2
In addition subroutines are labeled different and called different in Mack.

John

More
18 Nov 2012 03:29 #26724 by chuck1024
Replied by chuck1024 on topic Mach3 v Emc2
My friend, Mike, has a Tormach cnc mill and ample CNC software. He has several times drawn up a part in Alibre CAD, preformed the CAM and emailed me the G-code. I edit the file and change the M998 toolchange macro to G code supported by LinuxCNC and run the program. I think I had to remove a P suffix to the coolant ON command once too.

chuck

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds