Double spindle

More
18 Dec 2012 14:07 #27823 by Diederik
Double spindle was created by Diederik
Hi ,

I converted a conventional lathe to a deep hole drilling machine, which has 2 spindles. currently I have the drilling spindle as a main/master spindle, and the chuck where the chuck is, is the slave spindle. so it corresponds with a scaling factor which is fixed in the .hal file, and corresponds with the drill spindle. And I have a cw/stop/ccw button which I created in pyvcp, but I don't know how to vary the chuck spindle speed, without affecting the drill spindle speed. I added a Bar, to try and vary the scaling factor, but have no success. is there a way to start and stop the second spindle with G-code/M-codes? independantly, through the program? I'll make some copies of the .hal, .ini, and pyvcp files, to attach them here. the machine is working, and doing what it's supposed to do, but I would like to have the slave spindle be independant. :) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2012 15:49 #27825 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Double spindle
the main question is ... have the spindles separate motors and controllers , if that's the case then yes you should be able to control each separately through M Codes etc

More
19 May 2013 16:52 #34381 by Diederik
Replied by Diederik on topic Double spindle
ok what i get here was i connected the output analogue pin of the main spindle to that of the sub spindle using a scaling factor. And in ladder diagram I used a output pin to switch sub spindle on/off.
Still very manual, but would still like to do this automatically in the program with g100-g199, using some variable.
It is two independant spindles driven by two separate vsd's
The machine is currently running like this but I would still like to make it fully automated.

More
20 May 2013 08:09 #34408 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Double spindle
You are a bit vague on the details.

If you are able to use M68 E0 Q1000 in your G-code to control the second spindle to 1000 rpm, then it is just a case of linking the second spindle vfd to the motion.analog-out-00 pin in HAL.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds