QUESTION SERVOMOTOR

More
23 Jan 2013 10:19 #29000 by jlviloria
Greetings friends ...

I was watching a servomotor dmm-tech.com, I want to know if anyone has worked with these actuators, if support linuxcnc and mesanet.

thank you very much in advance for your attention

Jorge Viloria

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2013 16:03 #29008 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic QUESTION SERVOMOTOR
so long as you use their servo drives which support Pulse/Direction or CW/CCW, and Analog communication modes
then they will work with Linuxcnc and mesanet with approprate addon interface makes it easier etc .

most modern servo drives support pulse / direction connectivity so no major difference in connections than a step /directon , this is mostly Industry standard
modern servo drives have an encoder quadrature output , which is then linked into Linuxcnc for closed loop .

More
23 Jan 2013 17:42 #29011 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic QUESTION SERVOMOTOR

I was watching a servomotor dmm-tech.com, I want to know if anyone has worked with these actuators, if support linuxcnc and mesanet.

I don't know if anyone has actually used them yet, but I have talked to DMM-Tech and they believe that the DYN3-H drive is LinuxCNC compatible. (In fact they were quite keen to have "LinuxCNC certification" and seemed a little bit disappointed when I had to admit we were too chaotic to have such a scheme)

The DYN3-H drive has a choice of pulse or analogue input, but more importantly for LinuxCNC it outputs quadrature encoder pulses. (The actual encoder on the motors is magnetic)
This means that you can run the DYN3-H drive either from an analogue output board (for example the 7i77) or from the step/dir board (eg 7i76). My preference would be for the analogue-voltage control, at least partly because the 7i77 has encoder counters.

The other drives are less convenient for LinuxCNC, they are pulse-control only and don't have a usable feedback to LinuxCNC.

More
23 Jan 2013 22:26 - 23 Jan 2013 22:46 #29027 by jlviloria
Replied by jlviloria on topic QUESTION SERVOMOTOR
Thanks for your answers.

it is to know I'm not the expert on this topic.

I have a kit 5i25 and 7i77.

I want to buy specifically

DYN3-T
Applicable Servo Motor Capacity: 1.5kW - 2.0kW

32M-DHT-28
2.0kW AC Servo motor
Rated 2000rpm, Rated torque: 9.5Nm, Peak torque: 28.0Nm

31M-DHT-15
1.5kW AC servo motor
Rated 3000rpm, Rated torque: 5.0Nm, Peak torque: 15.0Nm

another could use another brand, that is not so expensive, these specifications?

thanks

Jorge Viloria
Last edit: 23 Jan 2013 22:46 by jlviloria.

More
24 Jan 2013 20:47 #29078 by jlviloria
Replied by jlviloria on topic QUESTION SERVOMOTOR
good afternoon,

taking into account the characteristics of servomotors I need, which is a good option cost / benefit and integrate with linuxcnc and 7i77?

I think it is a good topic to discuss,

You can make a list of the best and well linuxcnc servomotors to guide novices like me.

I make the list.

In advance thank you very much for your attention

More
24 Jan 2013 20:52 #29080 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic QUESTION SERVOMOTOR
There was some discussion a while back on the users mailing list you might search for them.

John

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds