random toolchanger

More
06 Feb 2013 04:52 #29671 by Diederik
random toolchanger was created by Diederik
I made a ladder diagram for my cnc lathe, and the turrets is indexing perfectly in mdi, but when I try to run a program, then it indexes to the first tool, then while moving towards the job, it starts indexing to the following tool which is only specified couple lines later. the explanation I have for this, is that it thinks there is a random_toolchanger selected in the emcio section. I looked for it in the ini file, but there is nothing. then I tried random_toolchanger=0, but still no luck. I read that best way is to link tool-prepare with tool-prepared, but this is dicey for me. as there is then no confirmation that the tool is in correct position. how can I see if random_toolchanger is set somewhere? because even though I did not select it, seems like it does its own thin. if I think of a umbrella atc, I would also need to modify this. is someone developing some more userfriendly lathe profiles currently? I want it to only start indexing once m6 is commanded. but also need confirmation that turret stays there, and must stop if for some reason turret starts indexing unexpectedly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2013 07:43 #29673 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic random toolchanger
There is so many variables for lathes with turrets that having a configuration for each one would be a never ending task. I suggest you look at my Hardinge CHNC configuration to see if it helps. It does sound like you are missing some key in your ladder.

Random tool changer is off by default so no entry is required in the ini unless you want the random tool changer.

John

More
06 Feb 2013 17:58 #29696 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic random toolchanger

I made a ladder diagram for my cnc lathe, and the turrets is indexing perfectly in mdi, but when I try to run a program, then it indexes to the first tool, then while moving towards the job, it starts indexing to the following tool which is only specified couple lines later

Does your ladder logic take action on a change of value of tool-prepare?
For a lathe you probably want your logic to completely ignore tool-prepare and to take action only on tool-change.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds