Idea for high speed machining / trajectory

More
25 Feb 2013 03:35 - 25 Feb 2013 03:35 #30533 by andypugh

The machine will never move at such a speed that it cannot come to an exact stop at the end of the current movement
Ok, well, it was an idea :(

Fixing this is on the list of things do do in the next major version.
Last edit: 25 Feb 2013 03:35 by andypugh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2013 23:37 #37628 by ygs
Without this multiaxis symultaneous machining is not possible, isn't it?

Just curious. Is there any hope for improvements in this *fundamental* department? Can we hope?

More
13 Aug 2013 23:51 #37629 by andypugh

Without this multiaxis symultaneous machining is not possible, isn't it??

I am not sure what you mean. LinuxCNC is perfectly capable of multi-axis machining.
This machine is controlled by LinuxCNC (as an example)

More
15 Aug 2013 02:52 #37679 by ygs
I had to be more specific. Is there a way to enhance machine performance when using short segment G-code generated from CAM that can't do Arc-fitting (G2/G3 IJK) for some strategies?

It looks like a deadlock for machines that can't be set up for high accelerations and, at the same time, should execute very small segmented G-code. Linuxcnc tries to stop at every end of short segment and that makes work endless.

More
15 Aug 2013 04:04 #37681 by BigJohnT
Not really, I can see you have not read the Important User Concepts in the User manual.

JT

More
15 Aug 2013 13:34 #37685 by ygs
I did read this several times and I can't understand why nobody pays attention on this problem. May be I'm missing something? Please help me.

File 1
G0X0
G0X100

File 2 (1000x0.1 segments)
G0X0
G0X0.1
G0X0.2
G0X0.3
G0X0.4
G0X0.5
G0X0.6
G0X0.7
... skipped
G0X99.8
G0X99.9
G0X100

According to linuxcnc concept File 2 will be machined much slower than File 1. Although the machine travels from X0 to X100 along the straigh line, overall speed will depend (proportionally) on acceleration setting for X axis. The less acceleration setting the slower execution. However things could be much better if linuxcnc looks at least NN segments ahead to 'know' that there will be no any harm to machine to go faster.

Is that correct?

More
15 Aug 2013 17:51 - 15 Aug 2013 18:23 #37699 by BigJohnT
You are correct that the LinuxCNC trajectory planner does not look ahead but you forget about the naive cam detector which can be turned on and off in G code.

Edit: even turning on the naive cam detector LinuxCNC will still only go fast enough to stop at the end of the next move. Before the naive cam detector would combine arcs and lines my plasma machine would jerk like crazy on files with millions of tiny line arc combinations. Now it will run smooth at >250 IPM cutting the same files. And this is a nema23 stepper driven machine so not a lot of power but setup for the best power I could get from them.

In your example you accept the default trajectory planner defaults so you get the result of that. I still know you did not read an understand the first paragraph here:

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/common/User_Concepts.html
Last edit: 15 Aug 2013 18:23 by BigJohnT.

More
15 Aug 2013 18:48 #37703 by ygs
You're right. Just tried G64. Naive cam detector works fine for XYZ. How to enable G64 P Q for A and C axis? In my situation I can't set up high acceleration for A axis (and partialy for C) and this makes simultaneous 5x machining very problematic.

More
15 Aug 2013 18:59 #37706 by BigJohnT
If your machine is not capable of high speed machining the software can not correct this. When using a rotary axis with a linear axis you should be using G93 Inverse Time Mode.

I don't think the naive cam detector works with rotary axes because it does not know the distance of the move.

JT

More
15 Aug 2013 19:04 #37707 by ygs
thank you. G93 might be a solution. I will check this.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds