wear offsets

More
07 Mar 2013 14:38 #31015 by Diederik
wear offsets was created by Diederik
in Fanuc there is tool wear offsets, is there something similar in linuxcnc? currently I'm using in lathe, and when tool wear out, I have to change my g54 values all the time, this seems easier than using G10L_P_ it would be nice if I can only place a value like -0.02 in a wear offset, when I see that my sizes become 0.02 under, and easier for the operator as well, because I have a operator operating the machine, and he can easily make a mistake and brake tools by adjusting G10 and G54 values, where as with wear offsets, 0.05 will not break tools...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2013 15:26 #31017 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic wear offsets
Hi

Search `wear offsets` and you will find a lot of discussion and an experimental patch.

The whole tool table format and its storage and management is due for change on the next major version number

regards

More
04 Oct 2013 11:44 #39525 by Diederik
Replied by Diederik on topic wear offsets
I am really looking forward to having wear offsets... :)

More
25 Feb 2015 14:18 #56288 by Diederik
Have there been any new developments regarding wear ofsets?
Can I somehow intercept parameters to have my own PyVcp panel where I can play around with wear offsets?

Kind regards,
Diederik

More
26 Feb 2015 10:16 #56304 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic wear offsets
Not sure what version of linuxcnc you are using.
You can use the fanuc-offset-patch , or if using a new enough linuxcnc use multiple offsets on one tool to get wear offsets.

Niether way are supported very well with the user interfaces.
Unfortuatey I can't see that changing much as the fanuc patch will not be accepted and the multiple offset are not tracked internally ( after adding multiple offsets linuxcnc doesn't know which ones were added together) AFAIK.

You could use remap and custom files to do this in a nice way but thats a little bit of work.

Chris M
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diederik

More
26 Feb 2015 14:35 #56310 by Diederik
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your input. I installed 2.7, and now read about G43.2

I want to go try it out. at one of my clients. Part of my problem here is that I do these retrofits for clients, and only have a Deckel FP5, running on linuxcnc in my workshop. awesome milling machine, but now I desperately need to complete my Takisawa so that I can do tests in my own workshop. I have in total now completed 26 retrofits, from which 18 was lathes. And I just don't get around to completing my own machine (Takisawa TX-1 lathe) ... :(

G43.2: Apply additional Tool Length Offset
G43.2 H-
• H - tool number
G43.2 applies an additional simultaneous tool offset.
G43.2 Example
G90 (set absolute mode)
T1 M6 (load tool 1)
G43 (or G43 H1 - replace all tool offsets with T1’s offset)
G43.2 H10 (also add in T10’s tool offset)
M2 (end program)
You can sum together an arbitrary number of offsets by calling G43.2 more times. There are no built-in assumptions about which
numbers are geometry offsets and which are wear offsets, or that you should have only one of each.
Like the other G43 commands, G43.2 does not cause any motion. The next time a compensated axis is moved, that axis’s
endpoint is the compensated location.
It is an error if:
• H is unspecified, or
• the given tool number does not exist in the tool table

I just read this in Manual... :)

I am excited to go try it out.

:D

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds