gantry machine setup

More
03 May 2013 15:49 #33553 by decoyable
hello everybody,

I have a gantry machine setup with 2 motors on the X axis, but 1motor is moving faster than the other with the same settings.
Could anybody have a look at my ini and hal files?

File Attachment:

File Name: gantry_2013-05-03.hal
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: gantry_201...stepconf
File Size:8 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: gantry-hs_...5-03.ini
File Size:2 KB

Thank you
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2013 17:10 - 03 May 2013 19:24 #33555 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic gantry machine setup
Hi

Can't understand how stepconf could have given those figures

Just a quick look at the .ini file, it appears to have copied the gantry.ini from the examples and changed the units from inch to mm, without scaling up any of the values.

The SCALE= is huge and the velocities, latching moves, ferror etc are tiny

You also have AXES = 4 but COORDINATES = X Y Z , and have AXIS_0 shown as being the Y axis

I can only suggest that you get a copy of /usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/gantry/gantry.ini and start over, scaling for mm (or leave it in inches until it works OK)

Likewise the gantrykins settings are inverted to match the labelling of Y as the first axis but the hal file still uses the
setp stepgen.0.position-scale [AXIS_0]SCALE
figures

Unless yours is different, most gantries have X - X axes longitudinally along the bed length, Y across it within the frame and Z the spindle rise and fall

I would copy over the whole directory from the examples, change the parport pin numbers if necessary and get it working in inches

Then you can scale for mm and adjust everything to suit, add limits and home etc

regards
Last edit: 03 May 2013 19:24 by ArcEye.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds