How to fix my Linuxcnc after opencam

More
07 Jun 2013 01:00 - 07 Jun 2013 01:00 #35356 by mariusl
Hi All,
Dont know if this is the right place for this question but I am desperate here. I installed Opencam on my development machine to see what it looks like and now I only have Opencam. My desktops are empty and no program that interfaces with the desktop or the window system is working. Linuxcnc still runs but things like Nautilus, Chrome and all the rest is not doing anything.
Any suggestions on how I go about to try and recover my development machine. I cannot afford to loose anything on there.and I am in the middle of several projects.

Any suggestion will help, thanks a lot guys.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Last edit: 07 Jun 2013 01:00 by mariusl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2013 01:37 #35359 by mariusl
More info :- it would seem that I am missing GLIBCXX...... libraries. Any ideas?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
07 Jun 2013 16:57 - 07 Jun 2013 17:04 #35394 by ArcEye
Hi

There are some other references to screw ups after installing OpenCam

Check to see if you have libstdc++6 and libstdc++6.4.4-dev installed (for 10.04), sounds like it removed them and the C++ programs now can't access what they need.

It may be that OpenCam requires a different version of libstdc++ (either higher or lower), depends what your machine is running and where you got OpenCam from

(EDIT: If I have looked at the right thing, OpenCam has not bee updated since 2006, so will certainly require different libraries)

regards
Last edit: 07 Jun 2013 17:04 by ArcEye.

More
07 Jun 2013 18:34 #35398 by mariusl

(EDIT: If I have looked at the right thing, OpenCam has not bee updated since 2006, so will certainly require different libraries)

I discovered that to late. I had to copy a libstd from somewhere with my windows machine. Then I dpkg 'ed it to get the desktop to work. Then I discovered that I copied and older version so I had to do the thing all over again.
I finally got my system back to normal after a big scare. No more shite on my development machine thank you. :angry:

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds