What's my next step?

More
12 Jun 2013 01:48 #35549 by customcutter
Thanks to lots of help from this forum, I've got the 5i25-7i76 installed, got it properly wired to the cncmasters board that houses the Gecko drives. I'm pretty sure I was able to eliminate the backlash on X&Y axis, but haven't been able to test it properly. As soon as I can get back into the garage (bronchitis) I'll test everything. Before I tried to replace a G201 with a G203V, and burnt up a couple of drives. I tested the PncConf. scale, velocity, etc set. I did get the drives reinstalled today and powered the controller up. All the LED's stayed lit and didn't blow any fuses. :)

Do I now move onto learning G-code, learning CAD/CAM, what's next?

thanks,
CC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2013 04:16 #35552 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic What's my next step?
Ken,

I would want to know what G code does first. You can't you diagnose CAM problems if you can't read basic G code.

Your in luck, I have a short tutorial here .

JT

More
12 Jun 2013 07:58 #35557 by customcutter
Replied by customcutter on topic What's my next step?
Yes, I've had that on my Favorites bar for the past year. I've looked at it a few times. The good news is it's starting to make a little bit of sense to me now. At least more than it did the first time I found it.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't have to build any custom ladders, GUI's, HAL, etc.

I looked at your site again today after posting. At least I have something I can work on, if I can't get out into the shop due the bronchitis.

thanks,
Ken

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds