Negative Y - axis

More
07 Jan 2014 02:18 #42392 by nerdegutta
Negative Y - axis was created by nerdegutta
Hi.

First post. :)

I've made a PCB layout in Eagle and run gcode_02.ulp. When I load the board in Linuxcnc, the board is laying on the negative side of the Y-axis, and I have no clue on how to move it "up". Any suggestions?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2014 02:52 #42393 by emcPT
Replied by emcPT on topic Negative Y - axis
Most probably you defined the zero in Eagle to be where it is shown in Linuxcnc.
The most simple is to generate the gcode again with the zero position in the lower corner (or you could apply an offset and define in linuxcnc another zero with G54 and so on - wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CoordinateSystems).

More
07 Jan 2014 03:13 #42394 by nerdegutta
Replied by nerdegutta on topic Negative Y - axis
I don't think there is an option in gcode_02.ulp to define zero. In the *.tap file is says that zero should be in the upper left coner.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

- nerdegutta

More
07 Jan 2014 04:52 #42404 by nerdegutta
Replied by nerdegutta on topic Negative Y - axis
Neither of those options worked. I've tried 2 different *.ulps and several boards.

Any other suggestions?

- nerdegutta

More
07 Jan 2014 05:46 #42407 by emcPT
Replied by emcPT on topic Negative Y - axis
If all your code will have the Y negative, then define on your machine to be on X0 Y0 in the upper corner, like the board.
This is easily obtained by using a coordinate system, like G54 (you can define the X=0 Y=0 where you wanted to be)

More
07 Jan 2014 09:02 #42421 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Negative Y - axis

I've made a PCB layout in Eagle and run gcode_02.ulp. When I load the board in Linuxcnc, the board is laying on the negative side of the Y-axis,

This is probably not actually a problem. Does the board look to be OK, and not mirrored?

If so, ignore the numbers, jog to the top-left corner touch-of X Y and Z to 0,0,0 and run the code.

G-code nearly always runs in -Z, and often in -Y too. -X is less common for some reason, but still isn't actually wrong.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds