when will Version 2.6 release, instructions to get

More
18 Feb 2014 16:17 #43938 by Diederik
I am having issues with lathe tool tables. I can set jobs and run it the whole day, but when I shut the machine down at the end of the shift, next day, machine is confused again, and I have to set up tools again. I believe that v. 2.6 will also have wear offset table. (for when I'm under with 0.02mm, then the operator can only adjust that amount, it will help alot, because current tool table does not allow for that, it is quite dangerous, and crashes can occur if mistakes is made, or is there maybe a step by step explination of how to use this tool table on lathes?)(the tool table works perfectly on mill, but on lathe I have issues.)

how do I "apt get version 2.6"?

Regards,
Diekie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2014 20:59 #43947 by BigJohnT
I've been running 2.5 on my CHNC since it came out and don't have any "issues" with the tool table and it has never forgot the tools on the turret.

Might be a configuration or procedure "issue".

JT

More
25 Feb 2014 00:44 #44136 by andypugh

I believe that v. 2.6 will also have wear offset table

Sorry, this is not planned for the 2.6 release.

More
25 Feb 2014 00:57 #44138 by Diederik
Thank you Andy and JT. I'm running 2.5.3 without any problems on my Deckel FP5. But with all the lathes that I have done, ( I have done 9 up to now) the tool table is a mystery for me... when I have it running a job, I am afraid to shut it down. .. I'm busy studying the manuals again... when I figure out where I went wrong, I'll let you know

More
25 Feb 2014 01:51 #44145 by cncbasher
you say the tooltables are fine on your Mill , but give you problems on your Lathes ? , if your using the same version across all machines
is there any difference in your Permissions that would stop the table being written , or have you any custom changes to the tooltable or modified in anyway

More
25 Feb 2014 05:36 #44154 by Diederik
Hi cncbasher. As far as I know, there is no permission restrictions or something like that. What I am doing currently, which works fine for time being, I am using g92. And no tool table. Which is frustrating.
Maybe you can tell me where I am going wrong.
Here follows a typical session:
I will face the job. And set that point as my g54 0 for z. Then also select my tool eg T1 m6 and g43 h1
So I will make the face centre my 0 for g54, on x and z.
Then for all tools use tool table for other tool set-ups.

Thanks,
Diekie

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds