Cnc Camera Dolly

More
13 May 2014 06:56 #46856 by Knoxvisuals
Cnc Camera Dolly was created by Knoxvisuals
Hi:

i am building an automated camera crane.
I need guidance to plan a CNC Like program where I can manually move the camera on the end of the boom and record the movement to the computer. I then I want to play it back.

That way the camera moves in a very smooth way, each and every time.

This machine is balanced and is large, not a desk toy. Max reach up is about 12 ft.

The base is steel. All of the crane parts will be all aluminum. There is a sliding counterweight to keep everything balanced.

This machine does not need the precision of a CNC router. or milling machine.

If you would advise me where to look for a program that can record the camera movements (servo motors)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2014 07:32 #46860 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Cnc Camera Dolly

If you would advise me where to look for a program that can record the camera movements (servo motors)

There is a program called "teach-in" included with LinuxCNC, but I think it is a bit "bitrotted" so would need a bit of work to function.

It's a fairly simple python script. The only real problem is that it seems to need an nml file path, and we don't specify those any more.

Another approach would be to use the existing probe-logging system and emulate a probe with a button that first starts a probe comand, then immediately toggles the probe state (a few lines in a HAL file could do this).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds