Lost the launch file

More
19 May 2014 23:30 #47059 by twitchingmuffin
I'm not sure what happened I always shut the computer down after using it, When I went to start it up the linuxcnc penguin shows up but it will not launch the program, if I open linuxcnc config it has the metric and 4th axis and they will open but nothing else any ideas as to why this happened and how to get it back?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2014 06:06 #47066 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Lost the launch file
Any error messages?

If you start LinuxCNC from the command line (just type "linuxcnc" ) then what happens?

More
20 May 2014 06:16 #47068 by twitchingmuffin
there were no messages of any kind I finished using it shut it down and the next time I went to use it you can double click icon and there is nothing you can right click and select open and there is nothing I even went into linuxcnc folder and you can select the .ini folder to initialize and there is nothing- this one has me stumped as to what happened

More
20 May 2014 15:14 #47080 by Einar
Replied by Einar on topic Lost the launch file
Andypugh's suggestion is a good one.

In my case, when this happens it is because the Universal Stepper Controller did not initialize correctly and needs a Power Down / Power up.
When LinuxCNC does not find the hardware it relies upon, it will silently quit. That is the point With starting it from a terminal window: it will leave some Messages that usually are helpful.

More
20 May 2014 19:59 #47092 by twitchingmuffin
I did got to terminal and typed that in and it took me straight to configurator and said 2.5.0 which I am assuming is the version number nothing else

More
20 May 2014 20:02 #47093 by andypugh

I did got to terminal and typed that in and it took me straight to configurator and said 2.5.0 which I am assuming is the version number nothing else

Is it possible that you have been logged in as a different user and do the linuxcnc folder does not exist in your home folder?

Can you post a screenshot of the config chooser?

More
20 May 2014 20:05 #47094 by twitchingmuffin
I can later , but no I have never logged that computer out of original setup the only thing the computer has ever been used for is to run the machine I don't even internet hooked up to it or anything

More
21 May 2014 06:19 #47123 by andypugh
can you see your linuxcnc folder in the Ubuntu file browser? Can you see the configs?

More
17 Jun 2014 04:31 #48015 by twitchingmuffin
i lost the configs file i go tthem back and works great thanks for everyones help

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds