'sudo comp --install genhexkins.c' error

More
22 May 2014 15:42 #47188 by tiffany
Hi everyone

I tried to recompiling a new HAL component with 'sudo comp --install genhexkins.c'

It always wrong

the error is shown in attachment

hw could I solve it?

Thank you ~~~
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2014 20:31 #47200 by ArcEye
genhexkins.c is not a standalone component that comp understands, it is an integral part of the kinematics in Lcnc

1) Provide all the correct headers and libraries when you build it, which is not simple with comp.

2) A far more sane approach, is to substitute your new one for the old one in the source tree, and build Lcnc

regards

More
22 May 2014 20:31 #47201 by andypugh

Unfortunately you can only successfully compile/install kinematics modules with "comp" if they don't #include any external files (other than normal maths libraries)
You will have to recompile all of LinuxCNC to recompile genhexkins. Well, actually it would be possible to only recompile genhexkins, and that is what will happen if that is all that has changed since the last compile, but it is less work to run "make" rather than manually compile just the one file.

More
23 May 2014 09:36 #47221 by tiffany
I 'make ' a new linuxcnc-dev;
it's the same error;

what was wired is other component such as 5axiskins ....is ok~

only for genhexkins.c or genserkins.c

all headers is included.

what shoud I do?

thanks

More
23 May 2014 09:47 #47222 by tiffany

Unfortunately you can only successfully compile/install kinematics modules with "comp" if they don't #include any external files (other than normal maths libraries)
You will have to recompile all of LinuxCNC to recompile genhexkins. Well, actually it would be possible to only recompile genhexkins, and that is what will happen if that is all that has changed since the last compile, but it is less work to run "make" rather than manually compile just the one file.

i 'make' all 'linuxcnc-dev' is ok~
but when I tried to 'halrun->loadrt genhexkins' ,the same error is shown~~

More
23 May 2014 13:38 - 23 May 2014 13:39 #47226 by ArcEye
The error is because you have built a kernel module without functions it uses being linked against it.

Off the top of my head, these look like cartesian maths functions and the pm prefix could well mean they should be found in libposemath.

Without sight of the whole source tree with all your changes, it is impossible to guess what might be causing this.

If you want to stick the entire source code tree into a github repo and let us know the url, we can look at it further, but otherwise we are working in the dark

regards
Last edit: 23 May 2014 13:39 by ArcEye.

More
25 May 2014 14:25 #47297 by tiffany
Thank you for your help!

It has been solved~

I really 'make ' the whole 'linuxcnc-dev', but my 'halrun' was executed without 'rip-environment'.
so ,after '. ./scripts/rip-environment'

halrun
loadrt genhexkins

everything is ok~~

regards~

More
25 May 2014 15:43 #47300 by ArcEye
OK, glad it is sorted.

At some point you will have to share how you are using it.

I gather from the code I have seen that it is all to do with setting jerk limits

regards

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds