Unexpected RTAI Delay Kernel 3.8

More
23 May 2014 15:49 #47238 by krutic
Once again the configurations.

File Attachment:

File Name: conf.tar.gz
File Size:20 KB

I member that rtai had a problem with a missing header but nothing serious. A lot of problems raised with linuxcnc compilation regarding a new version of libc.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArcEye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2014 15:57 #47239 by ArcEye
Thanks

There is obviously something wrong with the upload, the first one was just 1K and this is complete but all run into each other,

Hopefully I will get time to try over the weekend

regards

More
24 May 2014 22:25 #47285 by krutic
I've solve the problem. The problem was that I was using an usb stick as hard drive the same way live distributions do. It's a nice and cheap to have a whole system installed on an usb stick and just plug it in. It did the job but they are unreliable, unpredictable and may harm your realtime performance as it happened in my case. I bought a tiny sata flash drive and everything runs smooth. I am done with the idea linuxcnc usb stick.

More
24 May 2014 22:42 #47286 by ArcEye

I am done with the idea linuxcnc usb stick.

I have used one once, but like you I got such poor performance, I have never bothered again.

They are useful for a rescue system and the like but too slow to run off full time

More
24 May 2014 23:05 #47287 by krutic
It was challenge to make it run. It has worked for over the year with the old kernel but usb sticks are poor quality most of them. I had a file containing stored parameters and once in while it ended up empty or troubles with bad sectors. Not really good idea these sticks.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds