Reverse Direction of HOME Search

More
29 Jun 2014 08:06 #48316 by Askjerry
I have a Wells Index 823 (similar to Bridgeport) where the head is stationary and the table moves in the X/Y direction. The Z-axis moves Up/Down within the stationary head.

I am just now connecting HOME switches... something I have not used on this machine before. The X-Axis is moving in a good direction for homing, so I need only install the switch and tinker with the offset settings. (I got that figured out.)

The Y-axis looks like it is going to be a problem... when hitting Y-ZERO, the head wants to move forward... which is expected... that would be tward the Y-ZERO point. The problem is, the table moves not the head. (The table travel would be to the back.) If the table were empty this is not an issue... but if I have the vice mounted... it is going to smack into the mill body about 2 inches prior to contacting the switch. :(

If I can mount the switch at the full forward position... then have the Y-Axis travel in the opposite direction... when it trips the switch, it would know that it is at the 18 inch point on the Y-Axis. (I would set the home offset for this axis to 18 inches.)

So how do I tell the software to use reverse direction when looking for the HOME switch???

It should be simple... I'm just missing it.
(I thought it was the "latch direction"... but further reading and experimentation proved that theory wrong.)

Thanks,
Jerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2014 08:18 #48317 by Askjerry
I figured it out!

:laugh:

For future people with this issue... when setting up the STEPCONFIG, there is a search speed value... it tells the mill how fast to go when looking for the HOME switch.

--> Put in a negative number <--

B)

Thanks,
Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: grojas21, ikkuh, BrendaEM

More
13 May 2018 23:32 #110705 by BrendaEM
@Askjerry. I could not get my axis to home right without this.
I am using the stepforward/stepbackward 1,1,1 stepgen option for Vexta motors.

I also reversed the offset distance to get the axis to untrip the limit/home switch.

Thanks again,
Brenda

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds