Information

More
25 Jul 2014 19:15 #49121 by nissjay
Information was created by nissjay
Hi Linux cnc users,
I am very new to linuxcnc and I am trying to design a robotic arm by using linuxcnc g code. Please can someone tell me cheap but fairly reliable stepper motors and controllers to buy?
I was thinking to by controller box from Hon kong TB 6600. Is anyone using this controllers ? How reliable they are?
My rough idea of the robotic arm is as follows.
1. 2 kg product on the conveyer grab by the gripper drive by a stepper motor Z axis ( I like to use nema 17 if I can)
2. Then rotate the product 30` angle one turn by two stepper motor X and Y axis ( I like to use nema 17 if I can)
3. Then place the product on the conveyer. Machine run relatively slow about 6 to 7 seconds for a cycle to complete.
If anyone have information where to buy reasonably cheap and reliable stepper motors and controllers please let me know. much appreciated.
Thanks
Re
Nissjay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2014 00:23 #49135 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Information

If anyone have information where to buy reasonably cheap and reliable stepper motors and controllers please let me know.

I tend to use eBay. what works best is likely to depend on where you are (Looks like Australia?).
eBay or AliExpress imports from HK are probably your best bet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds