Problem with spindle connected to USB port

More
22 Nov 2014 04:50 - 22 Nov 2014 06:05 #53273 by zavanet
Is anyone in the world who uses linuxcnc and the spindle is connected through inverter to computer via USB port with USB SERIAL PORT ADAPTER? Please provide me hal File. I have a home made cnc router.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2014 06:05 by zavanet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2014 06:20 #53276 by Todd Zuercher
I don't think my config is going to be what you want or do you a lot of good.

I am using Linuxcnc on a 8 spindle gang router. I am using Modbus via the Modbus2hal component to control the 8 inverters. I can turn them on/off, set the speed, and detect their state (speed, fault,...) with it. the physical connection I am using is a USB - RS485 converter from Automationdirect. This is NOT a real time connection, and would not work for something like threading or where you would need precise control.

I am just posting to say that it probably could work, depending on what your trying, but it will probably be some work.to figure it out.

We will need to know a lot more details to be able to help you more. Such as what drive model your using, and what exactly you hope to do.

More
22 Nov 2014 06:49 #53278 by Todd Zuercher
Here it is. It is a bit messy and very disorganized (been upgraded and patched several times)
Attachments:

More
24 Nov 2014 06:49 #53340 by DaBit
What inverter do you have hooked up to the serial/USB port?

I am running a Danfoss VLT5000 series VFD through an USB->RS485 converter.

More
24 Nov 2014 11:47 #53345 by Todd Zuercher
The drives on this machine are Lenze AC Tech SF230Y drives.

My config is rather complicated, controlling all 8 drives. It has the through a pyvcp screen the ability to disable/enable each of the drives, and display each drives status. This is all done with a fair bit of HAL and Classic Ladder logic. The trickiest part though was figuring out how to config the Mb2hal component. If I had been only controlling a single drive (or even 4 or less) I would have probably just used CL for all the modbus communication. My problem was that CL is limited to the number of registers it could read/write it was a little simpler to configure, but the documentation is rather lacking.

Here is a link to a long thread where I was testing and learning how to set this up.

linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/25-...6456-modbus-examples

More
28 Nov 2014 02:18 #53494 by zavanet
DaBit do you check your mail box? I wrote you a message but you did not answear. Please help me:

More
28 Nov 2014 07:29 #53501 by DaBit
I did not receive mail. Did you send it to dabit at icecoldcomputing dot com?

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds