drive wiring

More
20 Nov 2014 12:59 - 02 Dec 2014 20:09 #53227 by accuartisans
drive wiring was created by accuartisans
This topic is perfect timing and I have a few wiring questions, I have the AMC BE25A20 drives and I think that these drives would be wired as this?

drive pin 9 = /INH --> relay NC contact
drive pin 2 =GND--> relay COM contact

Also, in the hal config when we have:
# create a signal for the estop loopback
net estop-loop iocontrol.0.user-enable-out => iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

iocontrol.0.user-enable-out refers to TB8 - pin 17 (Output 0) ??

So I'm guessing here but iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in TB8 - pin 1 (Input 0) is where we wire up the E-Stop circuit to signal that we have unlocked the E-Stop button? I am unsure what the diagram would look like, does E-Stop go to Ground/COM when it's closed or is a closed loop switch? If it's closed one end of the E-Stop goes to Input 0 and the other end goes where? I realize these are elementary questions, but I am learning and I believe this is the glue that puts it together.

My setup is the 7I80DB+7I77 running debian jessie (3.14.12 rt preempt kernel) on a Gigabyte J1800N-D2H motherboard.

Also, the relay that I planned on using are the Omron LY2-DC24 as I have several of them with the base.

Thanks for the help

Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Dec 2014 20:09 by BigJohnT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2014 20:08 #53600 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic drive enable wiring
Please don't hijack threads.

accuartisans wrote:
# create a signal for the estop loopback
net estop-loop iocontrol.0.user-enable-out => iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

iocontrol.0.user-enable-out refers to TB8 - pin 17 (Output 0) ??

Not unless you make it so. By default those HAL pins don't leave the software layer.

One way of wiring things is:

iocontrol.0.user-enable-out -> GPIO output pin -> main contactor relay -> ESOP11 -> ESTPO2 -> ESTOPN -> GPIO input pin -> iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

(I practice the GPIO output pin probably doesn't have enough current capacity to drive the main contactor but can drive a solid-state relay quite well)
So I'm guessing here but iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in TB8 - pin 1 (Input 0) is where we wire up the E-Stop circuit to signal that we have unlocked the E-Stop button?

No GPIO pins are connected to anything unless specifically connected in the HAL file. You would need lines like

net estop-out iocontrol.0.user-enable-out => hm2_7i80.0.7i77.0.0.output-000
net estop-in hm2_7i80.0.7i77.0.0.input-000 => iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds