Remove "unexpected realtime delay" error message

More
02 Jan 2015 02:38 #54470 by REEEN
Hello everyone,
My question is very simple, is it possible to remove the unexpeczed realtime delay error message?
I hate that it always comes up when I start my machine and I use Mesa cards, so I don't mind.

Greets Rene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2015 03:49 #54471 by BigJohnT
Mesa cards really don't have anything to do with that error. It is because you had a real time delay. Did you run the latency test for an extended period of time to check for latency problems?

JT

More
02 Jan 2015 04:28 - 02 Jan 2015 04:29 #54472 by PCW
Lots of people have complained of real time delays at startup (on all types of hardware setups)
I suspect that its related to caching which means the first few thread invocations run more
slowly that subsequent ones.

If you are running on slow hardware (say a Atom D525 or similar)that can barely run a 1 KHz servo
thread with complex hal file, you may see these errors occasionally

The latency test doesn't see them because it doesn't actually do anything that stresses memory or I/O.

A possible workaround is to delay the real time delay checking for some number of servo thread periods at startup
Last edit: 02 Jan 2015 04:29 by PCW.

More
02 Jan 2015 17:28 #54487 by REEEN
Yes I know it has nothing to do with the mesa cards and my latency is very good it is under 10.000 ns.

I think it is exactly what PCW says it always appears on start up.

How can I delay the latency test ?

Thank you :)

More
03 Jan 2015 17:15 #54517 by DaBit
LinuxCNC startup is a very heavy system load anyway; I am also seeing data getting lost on the FTDI USB->RS485 converters for example.
Maybe some method to lessen this load would be another option?

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds