M codes for spindle and coolant

More
16 May 2010 19:50 #2877 by dcassyc1
HI all,
I got my 3 axis cnc mill running on EMC v2.3, it homes good on all axis. I'd like to set up EMC to control the LPT pins which then control a vacuum and the spindle. The spindle only needs to run or stop - the direction is always one way. I tried using issuing an MDI entry and alternately set and cleared M01 through M10, but none of the LPT pins 1, 14,16 or 17 changed states. Just to get this machine going for the present time would it be possible to issue M09 to stop both spindle and vacuum, and M08 for vacuum start, and M07 for spindle start. Then I could add these changes at the start and end of the gcode file in order to have the cnc control run the spindle and vac. How can I get these M08 and M07 commands to set the port pins, and which pins would they control?
regards,
Denis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2010 16:03 #2884 by andypugh
dcassyc1 wrote:

How can I get these M08 and M07 commands to set the port pins, and which pins would they control?

You need to connect the spindle and coolant requests to parallel port pins in the HAL file, and the answer to the second question is, any pin you choose.

If you created the config with stepconf then you should have had the option to configure some pins as spindle-on and coolant-on on about the second page.

Alternatively you can do it by hand, but the stepconf wizard is easiest.

More
18 May 2010 23:42 #2898 by dcassyc1
Hi Andy,
thanks for the information. I'll try making another .ini file by using the step.conf wizard.
Do I have to set the checkbox labelled
Include Halui user interface component
in step.conf Advanced Configuration Option window?
regards,
Denis

More
18 May 2010 23:45 #2899 by BigJohnT
Denis,

Yes, if you check that box it will include the command to load halui.

John

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds