Updated from 2.6.3 to 2.6.5 and having issues

More
01 Feb 2015 15:55 #55543 by anarchos
Work kept me busy for four or five months so I didn't have time to use my machine at all. During this downtime I upgraded from 2.6.3 to 2.6.5 (Debian Wheezy) and it appears to have made some changes. All my .ngc files complain that line 21 will exceed the X and Y axis' positive values. I've verified the part is within the red box, as well as simulating in OpenSCAM as well as in HSMExpress. The weird thing is that old .ngc files that I previously ran fine are complaining of the same thing. All the example G Code files included with LinuxCNC load up and run fine. I haven't changed anything on my end of the configuration side so I'm wondering if anyone has had a simular problem? I'm using SolidWorks -> HSMExpress -> LinuxCNC 2.6.5.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2015 17:31 #55545 by ArcEye
Hi

Unless you attach your code, or at least tell us what is on line 21 and attach your ini file so we can see the min and max settings for X and Y, there is little we can assist with.

regards

More
01 Feb 2015 18:33 #55547 by ArcEye
PS

I don't want to insult your intelligence, so if it does not apply ignore this.

The most common cause of 'move exceeds axis limit' type errors at start up, is loading a file when the machine is homed, but the axes have not been touched off previously, or have been touched for a completely different workpiece

Most commonly it occurs with the Z axis, because until the tool is zeroed to the workpiece top surface in G54, the Z axis often cannot comply with positive moves.
This is because zero in G54 is set very close to, or at zero in G53, ie the top of the spindle travel.

regards

More
01 Feb 2015 18:34 - 01 Feb 2015 18:36 #55548 by anarchos
Hi ArcEyes,
I found out my problem had to do with my tool touch off subroutine. I didn't post any code before because it always said line 21, no matter what the actual code on line 21 was... I'm not quite sure why my tool touch off stuff stopped working between the versions, but I've commented out the offending lines from my .ini and all is well. Anyways, thanks and I'll see if i can delete this post as it's quite useless now.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2015 18:36 by anarchos.

More
01 Feb 2015 18:43 #55549 by ArcEye
Glad it is sorted.

Don't bother trying to delete, it will soon fade into obscurity :laugh:

Anyway it is a valuable reminder that even if you are fully aware of the need to touch off, it can still bite you
in the backside if it is not happening as you thought it was

regards

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds