Problem in starting LinuxCNC (Raspberry B+)

More
14 Feb 2015 00:06 - 14 Feb 2015 00:08 #55954 by Arto
Hello.

Would you help me, I obviously have some kind of configuration error as it won't start.
I am a new beginner with LinuxCNC and trying to get LinuxCNC to start for the first time.

Configuration:
Kernel: RT_PREEMPT 3.12.35+
LinuxCNC ver 2.7.0~pre0 + newest Machinekit
Configuration and make went well, after all...

I start with command linuxcnc and in graphical menu I select the machine configuration and click OK.
What happens is pasted below. What can be the problem? In realtime, line 168 refers to function called Load().

Machine configuration directory is '/home/pi/linuxcnc/configs/PCB_proto'
Machine configuration file is 'PCB_proto.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
/machinekit/scripts/realtime: line 168: 3294 Illegal instruction ${rtapi_msgd} --instance=$INSTANCE $NAME_CMD --rtmsglevel=$DEBUG --usrmsglevel=$DEBUG --halsize=$HAL_SIZE $MSGD_OPTS
rtapi_msgd startup failed - aborting
/machinekit/scripts/realtime: line 186: /machinekit/libexec/rtapi_app_posix: Permission denied
rtapi_app startup failed - aborting
/machinekit/scripts/realtime: line 168: 3298 Illegal instruction halcmd ping
io started
/machinekit/scripts/linuxcnc: rivi 696: 3299 Virheellinen käsky $HALCMD loadusr -Wn iocontrol $EMCIO -ini "$INIFILE"
halcmd loadusr io started
/machinekit/scripts/linuxcnc: rivi 707: 3300 Virheellinen käsky $HALCMD loadusr -Wn halui $HALUI -ini "$INIFILE"
/machinekit/scripts/linuxcnc: rivi 723: 3305 Virheellinen käsky $HALCMD -i "$INIFILE" -f $CFGFILE
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
/machinekit/scripts/linuxcnc: rivi 500: 3325 Virheellinen käsky $HALCMD stop
/machinekit/scripts/linuxcnc: rivi 500: 3326 Virheellinen käsky $HALCMD unload all
Cleanup done
Last edit: 14 Feb 2015 00:08 by Arto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2015 00:20 #55956 by ArcEye
Hi

I thought my answer to your identical post was quite clear

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...xcnc-raspberry#55950

MachineKit is not the same as Linuxcnc

/machinekit/scripts/realtime: line 186: /machinekit/libexec/rtapi_app_posix: Permission denied

Line 168 of the script realtime in Linuxcnc is not the same as that in Machinekit,
the directory /libexec does not exist in Linuxcnc

Please take your query to the Machinekit forum, I am sorry if they are not fast enough for your liking, but there is no point asking it here./

regards

More
14 Feb 2015 00:28 #55957 by Arto
Well, I asked in Machinekit (after asking here in the first place, of the port configuration), but nobody actually bothered to look at the starting problem there in MK.
Here in LinuxCNC I get arrogant answers from you, ArcEye...
Neither is good.
Is that really so difficult?

More
14 Feb 2015 01:01 #55961 by andypugh

Is that really so difficult?

The problem is that you have a Machinekit-specific problem and we don't know anything about Machinekit.

The version of LinuxCNC that is distributed from this web site does not run on the Raspberry Pi, at all.

Machinekit is a separate project from LinuxCNC and any references to LinuxCNC in the software you download from there are because they haven't got round to renaming everything.

I am sorry that the Machinekit guys are not responsive and helpful enough for you. But that isn't our fault.

If you were running software that we knew anything about then we would try to help. But we can't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arto

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds