Make own LinuxCNC

More
27 Feb 2015 22:27 #56333 by masoudj
Make own LinuxCNC was created by masoudj
Hi all
Please help me on this big problem!
I use the rs274ngc interpreter and i could compile it on c++, but it just prints interpreted commands (like straight traverse X:1 Y:1 Z:1 for G01X1Y1Z1)!
I'm trying to find files that can drive my stepper motors and generate pulses but i really confused!

Please help me
thanks for attention

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2015 02:49 #56344 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Make own LinuxCNC
What are you trying to use the LinuxCNC interpreter for?

Do you have a good reason not to use the complete LinuxCNC application to drive your steppers?
The following user(s) said Thank You: masoudj

More
28 Feb 2015 03:03 #56345 by masoudj
Replied by masoudj on topic Make own LinuxCNC
I have a homemade CNC and i'm using windows.
in this condition i have to connect rs274 compiler with pulse generator source files but i don't know which files are needed?

More
28 Feb 2015 03:25 #56346 by andypugh
If you have to use Windows, then why not use Mach3?

LinuxCNC won't work without a realtime kernel. That is a fairly unavoidable dependency.

More
28 Feb 2015 03:35 - 28 Feb 2015 03:37 #56347 by Kirk_Wallace
Replied by Kirk_Wallace on topic Make own LinuxCNC
The interpreter converts g-codes into machine commands. These commands may or may not be the same set of commands that your Windows program understands. Here is some documentation on LinuxCNC's or rather EMC's Stand Alone Interpreter:
www.nist.gov/manuscript-publication-search.cfm?pub_id=823374

For LinuxCNC, the interpreter (actually it seems there are at least two, one for motion and one for plot preview, corrections welcomed) is a part of a bigger system:
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/code/Code_Notes.html

In order to use the LinuxCNC interpreter with a Windows controller, one would need to have a pretty good understanding of the documentation in the links above and for the Windows controller.
Last edit: 28 Feb 2015 03:37 by Kirk_Wallace.

More
28 Feb 2015 05:05 #56349 by masoudj
thanks a lot for your links, i studied the first link pdf before and as i said i could run the interpreter.
and thank you too andypugh, i realize that mach3 is vey weak than EMC2 so i decide compile it on windows. yes it's right! windows kernel is not realtime.
actually my aim is find out EMC algorithms to generate pulse: like how that compute acceleration, speed, intepolation of arcs

More
28 Feb 2015 05:41 #56351 by andypugh
After the interpreter there are two stages missing.

First, the motion primitives that you see (straight traverse, for example) are converted to acceleration and velocity constrained target points, one target every 1mS. Then the positions are sent to the Hardware Abstraction layer where a step-generator converts the target positions to "number of steps in the next 1mS" and a fast-thread runs to make the steps.

git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...32b396571954;hb=HEAD

Mach3 works very well for many people. I very much doubt that you will be able to expect to create anything better in a sensible timescale.

More
28 Feb 2015 15:47 - 28 Feb 2015 15:50 #56357 by masoudj
Your explanation was very useful for me.
I will use Mach3 at first step, but i will try to compile it on windows maybe next on a FPGA.
and a question: which function do i start in "stepgen.c" file? what about other files in source?
Last edit: 28 Feb 2015 15:50 by masoudj.

More
01 Mar 2015 03:32 #56361 by emcPT
Replied by emcPT on topic Make own LinuxCNC

I have a homemade CNC and i'm using windows.

Use windows with Mach3 or use Linux with LinuxCNC, or use both if you need to CAD/CAM in windows (because there availability of programs) and run the code in LinuxCNC. You just need one PC to do this, running windows on a virtual box.

Using the source code of LinuxCNC to create something "useful" is quite a big project and probably it is beyond your objectives.

More
01 Mar 2015 05:22 #56364 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Make own LinuxCNC
Or use your own Windows programm and send the commands using linuxcnc remote shell.

Norbert

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds