G70-G72 for Lathes or NGCGUI

More
12 Mar 2015 23:29 #56751 by Diederik
Hi,

I would like to have simple stock removal G-code, or even a NGCGUI file to help when doing a simple profile with multiple landings/surfaces.

with Fanuc controls, you have G70 for final profile cut(finishing cycle), G71 for Profile stock removal Turning, and G72 for Stock removal Facing.

I now spent a bit of time on creating a custom NGCGUI, but, not that simple. I now reached end of my day, and thought to share the work that I have done so far. Maybe something simular has been done by someone previously, and could share their ideas?

I am busy with it, editing what I have found under NGCGUI.

File Attachment:

File Name: OdStockRemoval.ngc
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: taper-id.ngc
File Size:1 KB

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/gui/ngcgui_de.html (documentation available)

also finf some more info on G71 here:

www.cnccookbook.com/CCCNCGCodeG71RoughTurning.htm

This might take some time to develop, but I want to push through with this.

Question: can I o<nn>call a program from NGCGUI? that will work perfect if the operator can write/program his profile there, then just use the NGCGUI to do stock removal?

thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2015 23:37 #56752 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic G70-G72 for Lathes or NGCGUI

Maybe something simular has been done by someone previously, and could share their ideas?

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...ines-g71-g72-etc-etc

Haven't touched them for a while, they follow the profile down to finished size, rather than roughing out in straight cuts then cutting the profile.

Some profiles will not be suitable, or need to be done in stages with different tools

regards

More
13 Mar 2015 18:35 #56783 by BigJohnT
All of my lathe subroutines for ngcgui are here including one for profiles. I'm also working on a python program that will rough then finish a profile. Some screen shots of the generated paths is in this thread .

JT

More
18 Mar 2015 02:10 #56959 by Diederik
Hi,

is anyone able to build G71 in to linuxcnc? I am quite desperate to have G71 available. I am willing to pay for someone to build it in to Linuxcnc. (because I know that not many people working on development full time. ) if anyone willing to get this going, even if it will cost me something, because you might have to do it full time, please let me know. ASAP... urgent please. :)

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds