Joystick D-pad

More
25 Mar 2015 05:30 #57163 by Jarhead
Joystick D-pad was created by Jarhead
Hello all,
I'm sure this is probably really easy to do but I have no idea how to do it. I did search but I think I'm being too vague with what I'm searching for so if it's been discussed to death, I apologize.

I'm very new to linux in general, I can get around but a lot of trial and error gets me to where I'm going. I did get a joystick working with no issue but I want to use the D-pad to control XY instead of the analog sticks. I just don't seem to have the control with the analogs. So is there a way to change that??

Second, I want to change the direction of the Z analog. Right now it works left and right, I want it to work up and down since that's the way the Z works on the machine. I'm guessing if someone answers number one, I can hopefully figure out this one.

Third, would be something I found while searching for this answer, using the other buttons as a home or incremental motions.

Not asking for anyone to do this for me, just point me in the right directions. Of course if someone already has this all completed, I'd gladly take it!

Thanks.

Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2015 21:08 #57179 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Joystick D-pad
I assume that you are using the info here:
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Simple_Remote_Pendant
Section 7 shows how to reverse an axis.

The lines like " net joy-x-jog halui.jog.0.analog <= input.0.abs-x-position " control which buttons do what. The "halui" pins are the inputs to LinuxCNC. The "input.0" pins are the various joypad pins.

If you go to "machine" -> "show hal config" then you can open the "watch" tab and add the input.0 pins and see which ones toggle when you press which button. Then you need to change the HAL file which sets up the joypad to suit.

More
26 Mar 2015 02:11 #57188 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Joystick D-pad
Some info on incremental jog can be found here...
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Adding...imple_Remote_Pendant

Rick G

More
26 Mar 2015 23:14 #57218 by Jarhead
Replied by Jarhead on topic Joystick D-pad
I knew it was something easy. Thanks.

More
27 Mar 2015 06:59 - 27 Mar 2015 07:04 #57223 by Jarhead
Replied by Jarhead on topic Joystick D-pad
Turned out to be more difficult than I thought...

So when I booted up tonight, the joystick was controlling the mouse. Searching I found to try and uninstall xserver-xorg-input-joystick. So now the joystick is no longer controlling the mouse, but it isn't controlling EMC either. I can see the pins responding to the joystick and I haven't changed any config yet.

If the pins are showing a response, shouldn't it be working??

It helps when you press a button to select speed first....long day.
Last edit: 27 Mar 2015 07:04 by Jarhead.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds