Spindle PWM with TB6600 and HX-WS400

More
27 Mar 2015 15:51 #57228 by DaPeace
Hello, ive searched a lot but did not really get an answer.
My problem is that i cant figure out how to setup the spindle-pwm correctly.
Im using a TB6600-3Axis-Controller to output a PWM-Signal to a HX-WS400 Motor Controller.
All information about the Controllers PWM-Function are:
PWM signal control: you can input an external PWM signal to speed control. it requires external PWM: level 3.5-12V VPP, frequency 1K-10KHZ, which suitable for MACH3 spindle speed control.(Notice: external PWM signal control necessary to remove the potentiometer , or it can not control).

At the Moment the Spindle is working (CW and CCW and automatic start / stop) in LinuxCNC but running full speed all the time.
Could someone help me setting up that spindle so that speedcontrol will work too?

Manual to TB6600, maybe that could clear up something

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2015 00:50 - 13 Jun 2015 00:51 #59752 by mecatron
Hi,
I've figured out, a few hours ago, the settings for a machine built around almost the same components you have mentioned, except I chose 4 axis model
In order to get control in linuxcnc i've set these in stepconf:
LPT pin 1: Spindle PWM (not inverted); pin 16, Spindle CCW (inverted); pin 17 Spindle CW (inverted)
in the Spindle settings: PWM Rate 100 then Speed 1: 1200 PWM 1: 0,1; Speed 2: 9000 PWM 2: 0,75. My motor is 0,4kW/12000 rpm - I think yours is the same

Until I set these values I could not get control over the spindle rotation, with the default values if I have entered M3 S10 I got speed 1000.. I didn't try the CCW rotation yet, because I don't plan to tap holes with the machine.

I have to mention that I've added the specified lines in the documentation for pwm in custom_hal but they made the spindle shaft turn at maximum speed, no other control was possible

I hope I could help you
Adrian

PS. remove the potentiometer in order to get the speed controlled by software
Last edit: 13 Jun 2015 00:51 by mecatron. Reason: added remark

More
13 Jun 2015 01:34 #59755 by DaPeace
Hello Adrian,
thanks for reply.
Ive done the following setup.
Pin1 -> PWM
Pin 16 -> Spindle right
Pin17 -> Spindle on
Ive changed set setp pwmgen.0.scale 33000 in my hal-file.
Now it seems to work. I think speed will not be 100%.
Did you measure the speed of the spindle?
Ive the problem that im not sure how to connect the reverse-pin. Ive tried to put im on HIGH when relay is closed but my problem here is that spindle is not turning on 70% of the time. I need to turn it on several times to get it up and running. At the moment ive disconnected the pin and its switching on all the time.
Thanks for the late answer.

Jan

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds