Y-axis motor turns one direction

More
30 May 2015 23:36 #59235 by awilcox
I have used emc2 for 5 years with no issues. I replaced the z-axis controller and ran the stepconfig file. I attempted to home the machine and my y-axis motor only moves in the negative direction. I compared the new stepconfig to the original one and the values are the same.

I downloaded the 2.5 iso to see if the problem would go away but it didn't. What am I missing?

Background info:
Ubuntu 10.4
Emc2 2.4.3
Drivers: oms mh10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2015 01:12 #59236 by BigJohnT
Check your Y axis direction pin connections.

JT

More
03 Jun 2015 18:50 #59372 by awilcox
John,

I rechecked all connections and the problem appears to be the controller. I switched connections with a working axis and the motor work perfectly. I then switched the step/direction connection and it continued to work.

I ordered another controller (Centent 142) and installed it Saturday. Much to my surprise, I have a new issue. The motor makes a loud hammering sound and barely turns. In fact it will turn both directions. I installed the controller on the z-axis and it did the same thing. I am hoping for a senior moment and not another bad axis.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

Adrian

More
03 Jun 2015 19:11 #59373 by BigJohnT
I don't know what a Centent 142 drive costs but Gecko 203v drives are bullet proof and just work for me. If you swap the drive and the problem follows the drive you know the answer...

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: awilcox

More
04 Jun 2015 05:26 #59407 by andypugh
Are you sure that your step-timing is correct for the Centent drive?

Try some really long numbers (25,000) and see what happens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: awilcox

More
04 Jun 2015 06:03 #59410 by awilcox
Andy,
I will give that a try. My understanding is centent drives are nearly identical to Oregon micro system drives. This driver placement for the centent. I will give it a try and report back.

Adrian

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds