Howdy LinuxCNC-ites, possible new user....

More
15 Jun 2015 18:00 #59838 by racedirector
Bingo Rick! Y and Z now go in the "right" direction. Still probs with the X but may look into gantrykins if I can't get them to work using the same outputs to two different sets of pins. Off to study.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2015 21:05 #59883 by racedirector
Success! Almost abandoned LinuxCNC once again but persevered tonight and got my X playing ball. Had to set ALL axis inverted plus swap A+ & A- on one X drive but finally got it moving without horrendous noises.

Ran a couple of air cuts and all is well.

Next 3 things to make me ultra happy will be (in order)

1. Get Z touch off working. Going to follow these 2 how to's on this one: 7xcnc.com/software/probing/z-touch-plate/ and petemills.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/diy-pi...-machine-part-2.html

2. Get my X200 VFD online via ModBus. Any pointers to getting that done would be greatly appreciated.

3. Get my wireless xbox360 controllers working - I think I found how to do that.

I am also going to add some custom buttons to axis to make me more comfortable working it (a little more like Mach3) then at a later date have a go at creating a screen like the Mach3 screenset I have been using for the past year, this time in GladVCP/Glade/Python

What I am loving so far with LinuxCNC is when you pause (feedhold) it stops immediately, unlike Mach3. Also my DRO's in LinuxCNC are spot on, I tell the machine to move to X100 and the DRO show 100, unlike Mach that showed 99.942. I am sure there will be a ton more things that I will come to love....

Cheers

More
17 Jun 2015 21:53 #59912 by racedirector
More success tonight. Got a custom Pyvcp panel installed, got Z touchoff working, setting X, Y & Z to zero without using the "touchoff" buttons plus a button to park my machine the end of the night.

One failure however was my attempt at modbus implementation, I have started a thread on that one.

95% happy now, modbus being the last piece of the puzzle :)

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds