Modbus Help - MB2HAL

More
17 Jun 2015 21:50 - 27 Jun 2015 17:51 #59911 by racedirector
Hi all

Inserted classicladder into my config and selected the modbud stuff in the hope of getting my Hitachi X200 VFD up and running. However I don't quite understand how it relates to reading/writing to the VFD.

My VFD goes active due to the display showing 0.00 and waiting for some input. However, the modbus classicladder panel shows failure and the commandline window just spews modbus errors.

In Mach3 the following settings work in the modbus setup window:

cfg#0 Start/Run | Port:1 | Slave:1 | Refresh:50 ms | Modbus Var: 0 | Register: 2 | Direction: Output Coils
cfg#1 Frequency | Port: 1 | Slave: 1 | Refresh: 75 ms | Modbus Var: 1 | Register: 1 : Direction: Output Holding

And what I can't figure out is where this info lies in the classicladder config.

Can anyone help clear the fog from around my brain?

Cheers
Last edit: 27 Jun 2015 17:51 by racedirector.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2015 19:30 #60127 by VNR
Replied by VNR on topic Modbus Help - ClassicLadder
Hello

My VFD goes active due to the display showing 0.00 and waiting for some input. However, the modbus classicladder panel shows failure and the commandline window just spews modbus errors.

Probably is a configuration error:
Paste the errors to see what it is reporting.

It should help to have the Hitachi X200 VFD PDF manual to see what is the correct configuration and registers information, or may be you can extract it from the mach3 configuration screen.

Also check:
- Port number and port speed.
- If the driver is configured to 8-N-1 (bits, parity, stop bits).
- If the driver support RTU modbus (not ascii).
- Modbus address (device address)
- Registers address (decimal?/hexadecimal?) and configuration.

cfg#0 Start/Run | Port:1 | Slave:1 | Refresh:50 ms | Modbus Var: 0 | Register: 2 | Direction: Output Coils
cfg#1 Frequency | Port: 1 | Slave: 1 | Refresh: 75 ms | Modbus Var: 1 | Register: 1 : Direction: Output Holding

Here you know: port is 1, slave is 1, Output Coils probably is Write_Coils,
Output Holding probably is Write_Regs, Register 2 probably is the address of the register.

Regards,
Victor

More
26 Jun 2015 05:13 #60135 by racedirector
Hi Victor

Thanks for stopping by, appreciate it.

I'll get all that when I get home from work tonight, you're right it is a config error on my part.

Cheers
Bruce

More
26 Jun 2015 18:08 - 26 Jun 2015 20:03 #60151 by racedirector
Ok, some info.

Firstly, the full X200 manual is here: www.dietzelectric.com/documents/Hitachi%20X200%20Manual.pdf

Attached are screen grabs of the relevant sections, Coils, Register and Functions

My VFD is set to talk @ 9600 N-8-1 on ttys0. I found out that the Mach3 Modbus Output Coils *IS* Write Coils. X200 has 2 coils of interest starting at 0 writing 2. These set the stat=us to either Run or Stop. Output Registers *IS* Write Register. The X200 has one register of interest starting at 1 writing 1. This sets the frequency.

I tried ClassicLadder and finally got it not spewing errors. I switched to Mb2Hal with the following ini and additions to my hal file.

So far I haven't got the VFD to do anything, I need to figure out how to join everything up so I can M3 etc to control it. I must admit I am further long than the other day.... I think.

If the contents of the ini can be confirmed I can do a little more research on connecting things to hsl pins etc

Cheers
Bruce
Last edit: 26 Jun 2015 20:03 by racedirector.

More
26 Jun 2015 18:13 #60152 by racedirector
Oh, and I tried running MB2hal in halcmd but kept getting memory segmentation errors and halcmd died.not sure why....

More
26 Jun 2015 18:32 #60153 by racedirector
One more thing :)

Screenshot from the MB2hal session
Attachments:

More
26 Jun 2015 19:19 #60157 by VNR
Hi,

change in the modbus ini file:
SLOWDOWN=0.0 -> SLOWDOWN=3.0
DEBUG=1 -> DEBUG=3 (both of them)
you should get a better level of debug messages

paste the result here, please use a bigger screenshot than before, i am getting old B) :laugh:

Cheers
Victor

More
26 Jun 2015 20:33 #60160 by racedirector
Okie dokie, here's revised screen grabs - DEBUG on each txn set to 3, SLOWDOWN set to 3 plus I managed to get halrun to show me the pins in mb2hal.

Hope these ones are better :)

Cheers
Bruce
Attachments:

More
26 Jun 2015 20:49 - 26 Jun 2015 21:05 #60161 by racedirector
renamed the txns to spindlerun and spindlefreq.

So now mb2hal.remoteIOcfg.0 is now mb2hal.spindlerun.0 and mb2hal.remoteIIOcfg.1 is now mb2hal.spindlerun.1 and mb2hal.remoteIOin.00 is now mb2hal.spindlefreq.00

So I suppose my next task is to figure out how to connect those to usable hal pins :)

EDIT: I think mb2hal.spindlerun.0 controls the run/stop signal and mb2hal.spindlerun.1 controls forward/reverse so both should be renamed to something like spindle-run-dir given the info (from a MACH3 post) in these pics:

Cheers
Bruce
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jun 2015 21:05 by racedirector.

More
26 Jun 2015 21:30 #60162 by VNR

Okie dokie, here's revised screen grabs - DEBUG on each txn set to 3, SLOWDOWN set to 3 plus I managed to get halrun to show me the pins in mb2hal.

It is working.
Dont' forget to reduce the SLOWDOWN and DEBUG parameter once on production.

So I suppose my next task is to figure out how to connect those to usable hal pins :)

EDIT: I think mb2hal.spindlerun.0 controls the run/stop signal and mb2hal.spindlerun.1 controls forward/reverse so both should be renamed to something like spindle-run-dir given the info (from a MACH3 post) in these pics

That's right, but first use halcmd command line to test, then configure the INI file.

Cheers,
Victor

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds