My LCNC program has gone flippers

More
19 Jun 2015 01:30 #59960 by Rick G
In an earlier post Andy asked...

Does the G-code run as-expected in a simulator config?

Have you tried just starting linuxcnc and picking one of the sample simulator configs to see if the problem is there also?

Rick G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2015 04:28 #59967 by allenwg2005
It will run samples and earlier files I loaded, I can bring up a file from a week ago and it loads.
In some cases those earlier files when I start them warn that "axis values will be exceeded", if I click "Run anyway" the error message clears and it will run the file just fine.

More
19 Jun 2015 14:51 #59977 by verticalperformance
You can try commenting out the limits for each axis in turn in the .ini file (essentially making your machine infinitely big in that direction) to see if you can get rid of the "exceeds axis values" message

#+ First axis
[AXIS_0]

TYPE = LINEAR
HOME = 0.000
.....these ones....
MIN_LIMIT = -4.510
MAX_LIMIT = 4.510

I have this issue with the z axis sometimes when my post puts a G91 in with some of the drill motions, and does not change it back to G90, but I can see you don't have that in your sample.
Also if using tool table with tool length offsets being incorrect or just too long for the setup (drills typically for me)
The following user(s) said Thank You: allenwg2005

More
19 Jun 2015 17:43 #59983 by cncbasher
sounds as if your min and max limits are set incorrect or machine at this point is not homed , therefore the size dictated is outside of the bounds set of the machine , i.e the gcode exceeds the drawn red box area

More
20 Jun 2015 01:17 #59998 by allenwg2005
Vertical, I suppose I could fake the machine out by changing those limits, but this error massage is a symptom, I have something screwy going on and I would rather find an answer to the problem.
In my experience, if you lie to LCNC you might get away with it, but, if you have an issue that requires repair you could dig a deeper hole to claw your way out of later, and the problem remains.

Basher, The machine has been running for years with the settings I have, I could see addressing the limits if this was a new config.

Any other ideas??

More
22 Jun 2015 14:14 #60051 by verticalperformance
I was think more along the lines of seeing if is just one axis (and which one) causing the issue.
I agree it is a symptom (at least when everything is working), but usually for me it is a symptom of messing up my g-code!
If you tool table offsets get messed up, will show up in the Z exceeding limits.

More
23 Jun 2015 06:50 #60076 by allenwg2005
I see your point, a process of elimination to find the dead rat stinkin up the room, go one door at a time.

Results of changing limits:
I lied to it and it ended up calling some odd ball offset and took Z to a place well above the material (way better than diving into the deck).
I changed the ini back to what it was, fooled around for a while and loaded a test file I was wanting to try, what do ya know the thing started to work.
It could be I over wrote the var file (along the lines of what Andy suggested by deleting them).
At any-rate I was able to run the parts I desperately needed to have done.

I have a little more testing to do but I may have an idea what happened, (it's only an idea at this point).
I have an option to use an end mill to drill holes with in my CAM program, I never have used it before until this event (I forgot I did it this way instead of using my carbide drill/drilling functions).
I think the CAM program writes a completely different drilling code using an end mill than a drill bit and that's what LinuxCNC didn't like.

As soon as I have a chance I'll test my theory.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds