Homing Help

More
18 Jun 2015 20:28 #59939 by racedirector
Homing Help was created by racedirector
I am up to setting up homing on my machine but something is not right. I press/click Home All and LinuxCNC just sits there doing nothing. If I manually jog into the limit it flags a joint error , actually 2 of them.

Some background: My machine is a Mechmate and it shares all limits and homes on Pin 13 of my PMDX-126. I use NPN proxy sensors which are active (led indicator on) until they hit a hole in the track at which time they trigger and turn off. I have proxies on X and Y at present but nothing on Z.

I opened up the Hal monitor window and selected pin 13 in and manually jogged the X axis into its limit. Pin 13 went true and LinuxCNC said I had joint 0 and joint 1 limit errors.

I may have done something wrong in the config, I used all homes & limits to pin 13 in Stepconf and then proceeded to manually adjust things in the hal file to suit my X & Y configuration.

Attached are both my ini and hal files, if someone could take a gander and see what I have done wrong it would be appreciated.

Cheers
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2015 22:08 #59943 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Homing Help

I may have done something wrong in the config,

Your homing sequence numbers need to start at 0.
I would define Z as HOMING_SEQUENCE = 0 and then define the Z axis HOM_SEARCH_VELOCITY = 0.
That way the Z axis will home immediately without moving, but will nd up flagged as "homed"
The following user(s) said Thank You: racedirector

More
19 Jun 2015 05:05 #59969 by racedirector
Replied by racedirector on topic Homing Help
Excellent, thanks Andy

I looked over the ini file a zillion times but just didn't spot that.

All good now but a little fast. Will adjust that and I'll be a happy man.

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds