Spindle digitial out + Modbus control?

More
22 Jun 2015 20:01 #60058 by giggler999
Hi,

I've got a huanyang vfd now working with modbus. I used to use a router through solid state relay control via parallel port digital output.

I still need the digital output for spindle on/off because I have a lamp stick that changes on steps + spindle on/off. The lack of signal means the lamp stick does not change now as the command is sent over modbus instead.

Is there any way to get my hal to map the signal to two modules? i.e. my old parallel port pin and the modbus? Or another signal to pick up on and route to the parallel port output?

I am aware that the drive has some I/O but looking at posts it is not obvious how to configure it and that most people don't seem to be using it.

Regards,

giggler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2015 21:35 #60060 by Todd Zuercher
I would think that using the outputs on the drive would be preferable, since there you would be seeing the true state of the drive. But you can connect multiple pins to the same signal in hal.

More
23 Jun 2015 05:48 #60072 by alan_3301
In my testing on the huanyang, when using rs485 for on/off control, the multi input terminals no longer work.
I was trying to hook the drive up to the e-stop, but it didn't monitor the IO anymore.

You should be able to connect the hal pin for your lamp output to motion.spindle-on

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds