Kitamura 3B retrofit help ( pointers )

More
30 Jun 2015 06:42 #60269 by dextaca
Good Day Gents..

First I want to felicitate all the people on emc2 /. Linux cnc input .. it came along way since I've done my 1st 5axis router back in the 2004-2005.
Well stil int he cnc field.. and here is what I got..

Bought a 1986 Kitamura 3B , big piece of toy.. 7200Kg.. bt40 all the works.. Problem is that the Fanuc 11M worked for 10 mins.. and died.. Decided to strip the machine and start retrofiting.. Bought some Yaskawa SGDV servopacks and servos on ebay.. got my Motenc cards ready .. manuals etc.. most of the electrical and mechanical is done.. well here is a help part I'm looking for..

- tool-changer macro / routines ( enable in manual mode rotation of tool changer chain ), pre-stage tools and change.
- this machine has 2 speed gearbox so a routine that can handle this ..
- if someone can point out where to find info on the ladder. ( I'd like to make a nice retrofit , lots a conditions are to be applied , couter-weight, air press, oil press, lube, etc.. )
- automatic touch probe.. ( got a nice Renishaw on Ebay.. hope to make it work. )
- touchscreen implement
- enable Fanuc scroll handle ( manual handle ) nice feature to have I think..

Any help is more than appreciated.

Regards
Peter

Idea is to start simple .. at lest get the

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2015 03:19 #60316 by aventtini
The tool changer will be hard to make if you did not make one . I can make a machine in 2 days but with out tool changer . If you find some one that want to make it count me on . Your machine is a massive one to start with

More
02 Jul 2015 17:36 #60335 by ArcEye
Hi

- this machine has 2 speed gearbox so a routine that can handle this ..

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/gearchange.9.html

This will handle the speed change, depends if you need something to mechanically do the change as well

if someone can point out where to find info on the ladder. ( I'd like to make a nice retrofit , lots a conditions are to be applied , couter-weight, air press, oil press, lube, etc.. )

Basic info here: www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/ladder/

More detailed here on JT's site: gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/ladder/index.html

- automatic touch probe.. ( got a nice Renishaw on Ebay.. hope to make it work. )

Start here: wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Touch_Probe
This might also be of interest: www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...9187-work-with-probe

- enable Fanuc scroll handle ( manual handle ) nice feature to have I think..

google does not seem to know what you mean, nor do I, so I assume it is a MPG

From Jt's site again: gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/hardware/mpg.html

- touchscreen implement

A touch screen is a touch screen, it either works with your distro or not.
The important thing is the GUI you use, you will need gscreen, touchy or gmmocapy which are touch not mouse and keyboard orientated.

- tool-changer macro / routines ( enable in manual mode rotation of tool changer chain ), pre-stage tools and change.

Last but the most difficult.

I have written several toolchanger components, but the devil is in the detail, so impossible to comment without a lot of further info.

Don't rule out classic ladder for that, it may be more suited to some changers, especially the pneumatic / hydraulic types

regards

More
02 Jul 2015 20:18 #60342 by andypugh

There are a number of ways to do this, ladder is often used, or a custom HAL component can be written.

I have been experimenting with a specific component for part of the system, and I have integrated it in to a Vismach simulator config

The sim config won't work unless you install the "carousel.comp" file that is included in the zip archive. "sudo comp --install carousel.comp"

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds