probe sceen in gmoccapy

More
29 Aug 2015 08:57 #61876 by thor44
has any one used probe_screen in gmoccapy? When I click on a button I get an error that ini[toolsensor]rapid_speed not defined. Does any one know how and where to define the rapid speed?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2015 09:28 #61877 by LearningLinuxCNC
Sorry can't help yet. I just received my probe today. Did a little testing with it but I have not hooked it up to LinuxCNC. I hope to work on getting it hooked up tomorrow. I am also using Gmoccapy so I am interested in your topic.

More
29 Aug 2015 09:42 #61878 by thor44
Replied by thor44 on topic probe sceen in gmoccapy
I found the problem. In gmocappy.ini and in gmoccapy_tool_sensor.ini there is a spelling error one is RAPID_FEED and the other is RAPID_SPEED. Make sure both say RAPID_SPEED and it should work fine after that.

keep me posted on how the probe works. Were did you get your probe?
The following user(s) said Thank You: LearningLinuxCNC

More
29 Aug 2015 10:03 #61880 by LearningLinuxCNC
Good, glad you got it fixed.

I purchased my probe from CNC4pc. I plan on doing a video review of it after I get it set up, tuned in and ready to rock. Seems to be pretty repeatable at this point. Just need to get the probe centered really good. Right now it is about dead nuts on at 0° and 180° but it is about 0.004" out between 90° and 270°. The set screws that adjust the alignment are extremely touchy.

I need to get my jack mounted in the control panel and run the wiring to Pico UPC board. set it up in Hal and get to testing it. Also I need to download the probe_screen software as I have not done that yet. I may work on that right now.

More
30 Aug 2015 01:10 #61899 by LearningLinuxCNC
Thor44,

Thanks for the heads up on the FEED/SPEED issue.

I was able to get it all working this morning. Everything is looking pretty promising. Probing in any one direction is repeatable to within 0.0003". That is good enough for the girls I go with.

I am still trying to dial in the appropriate dimension for the ball diameter. I can't just use the ball diameter as the flex in the probe means that the required ball diameter is actually smaller than what is there. It takes about 0.014" of deflection before the switch breaks in the probe.

I need to get the probe set so that there is no error from 1 side to the other also. Still some tinkering to go but it is working well so far.

What probe are you using?

More
30 Aug 2015 09:59 #61909 by thor44
Replied by thor44 on topic probe sceen in gmoccapy
I'm so excited about this I'm about to pee myself. I can't wait for the videos that you are going to do.
I don't have probe yet but I have my eye the same probe from cnc4pc.com in fact I have not finished building my cnc router yet. I figured doing the computer work is free and I have plenty of time while I save money to finish building my router table.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds