Rockhopper web-server

More
03 Sep 2015 20:57 - 03 Sep 2015 20:58 #62090 by LearningLinuxCNC
Yesterday Andy Pugh directed me to the Rockhopper web server application for getting a graphical representation of a HAL configuration.
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Rockhopper_Web_Server

I tried to install it yesterday and I am getting the following error when I try to run the application.
jim@RB1-CNC:~$ cd Rockhopper
jim@RB1-CNC:~/Rockhopper$ python LinuxCNCWebSktSvr.py /home/jim/linuxcnc/configs/RB1-CNC_Gmoccapy_DEV_1_00/RB1-CNC_Gmoccapy_CustomBox4.ini
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "LinuxCNCWebSktSvr.py", line 27, in <module>
    import tornado.web
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tornado/web.py", line 88, in <module>
    from tornado import iostream
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tornado/iostream.py", line 40, in <module>
    from tornado.netutil import ssl_wrap_socket, ssl_match_hostname, SSLCertificateError, _client_ssl_defaults, _server_ssl_defaults
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tornado/netutil.py", line 39, in <module>
    import certifi
ImportError: No module named certifi
jim@RB1-CNC:~/Rockhopper$ ^C
jim@RB1-CNC:~/Rockhopper$ 

I followed the directions on the Rockhopper readme and on the Tornado install but I am getting this error. Something must have gone wrong somewhere.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2015 20:58 by LearningLinuxCNC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2015 21:04 #62091 by racedirector
Replied by racedirector on topic Rockhopper web-server
Found this via Google for certifi

pypi.python.org/pypi/certifi

Not sure what to do to install it though
The following user(s) said Thank You: LearningLinuxCNC

More
03 Sep 2015 21:21 #62092 by LearningLinuxCNC
Ah yes, why did I not think about google. That got it a little further. Now for some more googling to find out what to do next.

Looks like I need to update my python libraries. Will this break anything with LinuxCNC if I do so?

More
04 Sep 2015 07:52 #62105 by LearningLinuxCNC
Now I am having trouble with the following error.
jim@RB1-CNC:~/Rockhopper$ python LinuxCNCWebSktSvr.py /home/jim/linuxcnc/configs/RB1-CNC_Gmoccapy_DEV_1_00/RB1-CNC_Gmoccapy_CustomBox4.ini
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "LinuxCNCWebSktSvr.py", line 27, in <module>
    import tornado.web
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tornado/web.py", line 88, in <module>
    from tornado import iostream
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tornado/iostream.py", line 40, in <module>
    from tornado.netutil import ssl_wrap_socket, ssl_match_hostname, SSLCertificateError, _client_ssl_defaults, _server_ssl_defaults
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tornado/netutil.py", line 58, in <module>
    import backports.ssl_match_hostname
ImportError: No module named backports.ssl_match_hostname

I found where I can download backports.ssl_match_hostname but I don't see how to install it. Does anyone know anything about this. There is a setup.py file in the tarball but when I try to run it I get the following.
jim@RB1-CNC:~/python/backports/backports.ssl_match_hostname-3.4.0.2$ sudo python setup.py
[sudo] password for jim: 
usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
   or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
   or: setup.py --help-commands
   or: setup.py cmd --help

error: no commands supplied

I know this is not really LinuxCNC stuff, but I am trying to get something running for LinuxCNC and this is the bumpy path to get there.

More
04 Sep 2015 07:55 #62107 by racedirector
Replied by racedirector on topic Rockhopper web-server
I've been playing with this since I saw your post and finally got Rockhopper to fire up. With the backports thing do this
sudo pip install backports.ssl_match_hostname

and it should install automatically

More
04 Sep 2015 08:20 #62108 by LearningLinuxCNC
Yeah Buddy! That did the trick. Rockhopper is up and running. Pretty neat features. The graphical HAL is pretty cool but in my config there are many signals all running together so you can't really tell which one is going to where.

Thanks for the help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: racedirector

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds