radius to end of arc errors - what to tweak?

More
10 Sep 2015 23:10 #62403 by jwaldo
I've been getting some 'radius to end of arc' errors. About the end point not being on the arc.

I've done the calculations and, sure enough, the arc prescribed by this GCode generator (Inkscape 0.91) is not generating an arc that passes through the end point - or gets close enough to the end point to avoid generating an error.

I have the ability to fix some of this in post processing. I assume that one adjusts the I and J offsets that define the circle center?

Is this a reasonable way to go about this? (other than getting good GCode to start)
I'm a bit leery of changing the default tolerances.

Thanks,
Jim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2015 02:58 #62415 by BigJohnT
It might just be the precision that Inkscape is using, for inch you want 4 place precision at least.

JT

More
11 Sep 2015 03:08 #62416 by jwaldo
BigJohnT,

Thanks, I'm using 4 decimal places. By hand calculation the Gcode is indeed missing the end point.

But, I can have the offsets recalculated during post processing of the GCode file, and put in numbers that will make the ends meet.

I'm wondering if I should change just one offset, or both - or do something completely different.

Thanks,
Jim.

More
11 Sep 2015 03:21 #62418 by BigJohnT
That depends on where the error is... only fix the broken part. I was under the assumption that Inkscape could generate G code.

JT

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds