TCH plasma configuration

More
22 Sep 2015 20:05 #62856 by echesortux
Hello everybody. I am building a plasma CNC machine. I am using a leadshine driver mx3660 and I managed to configure two stepper motor using stepconf wizard so far so good. the problem is that now I have to configure the TCH module and I am a little confuse about it because in the wizard there isn't anything related THC configuration even in AXIS GUI I can't find anything related THC. My question is if there is any way to configure it though a wizard? in case no what would be the easiest way to configure it and what thc module (proma thc 150 or proma compact sd) do you suggest me?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2015 00:29 #62868 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic TCH plasma configuration
The wizards only offer basic configuration. I used a Mesa THCAD card with the LinuxCNC thc component on my plasma. I guess it depends on what is available to you...

JT

More
23 Sep 2015 03:39 #62870 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic TCH plasma configuration
Read this thread and you are set at far as the Proma THC 150 goes, for the SD version, you do not need any special config, you can set your machine with the wizard and it will work.
The 150 is harder to set up and it must have a floating head with a switch, the SD does not need any of that but the SD can not find the work piece so you have to manually find it, while the 150 with the necessary setup finds the work piece before every cut and also has a panel on AXIS with a lot of settings that can be adjusted on the go.

Related thread:
linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/49-...hc-config-that-works

Regards,
Tom

More
12 Feb 2016 02:42 #70027 by edgemir
Replied by edgemir on topic TCH plasma configuration
Hi Tom, I'm Edgar from Mexico. I acquired the THC SD proma and I've installed a floating head for the location of the material, everything works fine. I had problems regarding the location of a reference point after making some cuts, as the THC SD LinuxCNC not communicated the adjustments made at the THC axis Z. This is a problem because there comes a time that adjustments exceed the value of the axis Z. I'll try to explain what is happening. I have installed a switch that tells me the value of a known point on the displacement of the Z axis, this point I use it as a reference to the end of a sequence of cutting locate this point and reset the value I need to commute to the next route cut. for example, start the cutting operation and assuming that the material is at -22 mm, there I set offset in Z, then put it to a height of 2 mm which is the height of cut in the coordinates of the machine would value at -20 mm, assuming the THC fits along the cut 2 mm, ie at the end of the cut the coordinates would end in -18mm, but since the linuxcncn not get this setting, interprets this at -20 mm the end rather than 18 mm as it is real. Thus adjustments are accumulated until the total exceeds valid displacement for the Z axis and at some point it will send an error that achievement does not reach the benchmark. annex the two functions I did for before starting the cutting sequence (pre-cut) and the other runs the fnal of the cutting sequence (recut).

I tried that sequence will realize home after each cutting sequence to reset the reference point has moved. Any idea that you can send me I'd appreciate it very much.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds