joint 2 following error on linear glass scales

More
29 Sep 2015 01:51 #63159 by aventtini
So here we go agen whit retrofits on dinosaurs.

I have Mikron WF form 85 i think that has a TNC 155 whit linear scales . I have some old BOSCH TR14 drives and they have 2 SW . One with 5 v and one with 10v SW.
I have taken out the encoder board from the TNC and converted the sin to TTL and it works perfect . I use the original SW thats the 5V ones and limit the SW volts on the mesa . Now i have tested with Ferror 300 and min to 8 and its still giving on Z . Im thinking like this the machine is a mill type one that -Z is on the top and the table it has some Kg to add on it . By any chance the 5v SW are to narrow for the drives . Mesa is sending to fast to drives and it dos not cache up ? The machine had 5000mm per second and now my speed is 50 acceleration is 5 so it small. I did not make the pid because is 1.5 and cant go more then this .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2015 17:53 #63202 by andypugh
You don't say how you are converting the sinusoidal encoders to TTL. Are you using something like www.ichaus.de/product/iC-MQF ?

It is possible, if you are, that the count rate is too high for the Mesa board with the default filter time constant, and you might need to reduce that.

More
30 Sep 2015 00:09 - 30 Sep 2015 01:03 #63214 by aventtini
I will post a DIY on this from sin to ttl . I using the original encoder board from the old TNC. It works perfect . I have solved this problem today . The Z drive is the table and it was 400kg . On the TR15 drive after offset swich there is another for torque and i have ajusted and it works perfect .

Now the next problem is on homing .

I did not have time on this today but i will try to solve.
Actual problem . Machine is with -Z on the top as the table is going on + z on the ground. So i have made de Z axis -3 to -400 when it homes it gos on + , it homes but it give a software limit switch error .

Second problem .

The machine had 3 speed . I have put a new invertor on the motor and i put in manual the 3 gear 6000rpm and it works ok on + when i try to lower the speed spindle drive give a over voltage error . Do i need a ramp to lower the speeds ? . Also i i stop the spindle it has no mechanical brake on it . I sow on a different machine that use linux that it can lower the speed really fast like a brake . Some sort of invertor brake made from +- of the SW .

I see that some guys here make the pid on the machines that they retrofit . Alll off the bosch drives that's i have tested new models from 85 to 96 i cant make pid more then 1 or max 2 . And this is funny . For example this TR15 at 1.5 it make a bad osculation. Why is this different from another drive? .

About the SIN to TTL . I will try next step to convert the MAHO philips linear encoders with the original board from the actual Philips 432 . I sow same guys here that made some retrofits on maho but no one is giving that much inflammations.
Last edit: 30 Sep 2015 01:03 by aventtini.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds