Limit - Home switch setup help

More
29 Oct 2015 00:46 #64404 by Dale Lusby
I know it's been discussed a lot and I've done my best to try and figure it out on my own and read many posts and documents but I've been unsuccessful in setting up my home switches on my Shizuoka AN-S milling machine I've recently retrofit. I have them currently setup for Normally Closed and have also tried NOpen configuration. When I select Home it begins to search however when I depress the switch on the Micro switch nothing happens. I have them on the end of my travel so was planning to use as limit-home switches. The breakout board I'm using is a Sainsmart 5 axis stepper breakout board running G201x Geckodrive drivers. The machine has steppers for the three axis. I know there is gonna be more information needed so instead of throwing up a bunch of useless stuff let me know what to post so I can get this resolved. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2015 01:01 #64406 by Dale Lusby
Here is the HAL file if it helps

File Attachment:

File Name: Shizuoka_4_Axis.hal
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

More
29 Oct 2015 01:11 #64407 by LearningLinuxCNC
We will also need the .ini file to see the homing configuration.

More
29 Oct 2015 03:41 #64412 by Dale Lusby
Here's the ini file

File Attachment:

File Name: Shizuoka_4_Axis.ini
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
29 Oct 2015 04:15 #64414 by LearningLinuxCNC
I don't see why it would not work.

Check your wiring. Open halmeter and look at the paraport.0 pins 12 and 13. See if the value of the pin toggles when you manually trip the switch. If they don't then there is a wiring problem. Also make sure that the X switch is wired up to paraport.0 pin 12 and Y is wired to paraport.0 pin 13.

More
06 Nov 2015 15:10 #64875 by Dale Lusby
I wanted to follow up to mention I got the homing switches to work properly. You were correct in that the issue was in the wiring. With the SainSmart breakout board you derive the signal for the switches via the 12-24 volt power source which I hadn't been using since the motors use the 5v power. Once I connectedness power all was good. Thanks for the help!

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds