JOY2KEY - Using a USB Joystick/device

More
01 Dec 2015 02:30 #66150 by Askjerry
I figured it out... very simple actually.

1) Right click the screen and select "Make Launcher".
2) If it a name like "Install Joystick"
3) In the command line type: "joy2key -config cnc"
4) Click the checkbox "RUN IN TERMINAL"

That's it... now I start AXIS, then click this icon and click the AXIS screen... easy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2016 00:37 - 30 Oct 2016 00:39 #82246 by Askjerry
BigJohnT : It's been awhile... but I FINALLY got around to looking at the page you suggested to me...
SETTING UP A JOYSTICK

Now that I've been hacking the HAL a bit more... I can see your point. I didn't put the commands in the HAL however... I put them in the custom_postgui.hal instead. I was playing with the joystick analog signals... which are cool... variable speed movement instead of just movement based on the position of the JOG SPEED slider.

It was also cool that I could scale the different axis independently... so I could make the Z-AXIS a bit slower. I figured out that the SCALE number is made NEGATIVE to reverse directions... but I don't get that 127.5 value... I would have thought that setting the SCALE to 50 would be slower... and 200 would be faster... NOPE... the opposite is true. Gotta figure that out.
(Unless you can point me to a link explaining SCALE... hint...)

Follow my progress here: Frankenlab Playlist (YouTube)

Thanks,
Jerry
Last edit: 30 Oct 2016 00:39 by Askjerry.

More
15 Mar 2020 04:00 #160255 by ytiuqibu
I know this is a long time after the last post but since you mentioned the value 127.5 perhaps the value is bitwise on 8-bits with a range between 0 and 255 just like the value of individual channels in R, G and B for mixing primary colours.
I posted this reply here really for the benefit of others who might be wondering about the answer. Of course I could be wrong but 8-bit encoding seems logical to me.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds