Reverse Image for Turret/tool oppisite spindle

More
26 Nov 2015 11:15 #65815 by Diederik
I am hoping that this is possible. And wanted to check in on it for some time now.

even if someone can just direct me where in the manual to find this.

I have several machines where the turret is a slant bed, and the tool is on the other side of spindle. is there a way to invert the graphics so that when X moves in minus(-) direction then the graphics show the tool moving downwards?

It makes it easier for the operator

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
26 Nov 2015 14:06 #65822 by OT-CNC
Thanks for the link.
I assume the display is either front or back but not both. Is it possible to show both? Such as in a gang tool situation where front and back is being used.

More
26 Nov 2015 14:36 #65824 by ArcEye

I assume the display is either front or back but not both. Is it possible to show both?

Correct.

There is only one X axis and depending upon which way it is oriented, which way it is shown to move in relation to positive and negative values is determined.

If you cut from above and below the workpiece at the same time, only one of the tools will be displayed.

You can alternate settings and have a slant-bed and conventional config, to cater for both tooling set-ups, providing you do not cut with both in the same program.
I find that I use the rear tool turret for just about everything except some types of threading and boring, which need to be done from the bottom of the billet.

regards

More
27 Nov 2015 01:16 #65845 by joekline9
Linuxcnc can display both front and back toolpaths (in Axis) and change from front to back tools in the same file.
I use front and back tools. I don't do anything with the axis.rc file.

I use G10 L2 R0 and G10 L2 R180 to rotate the coordinate system around the Z axis.
The same g76 parameters are used whether front or back.
The tools display correct but you need different orientation & angles for the back tools.
Tool Defs:
P is Tool No. I & J are angles, Q is orientation.
G10 L2 R0
G10 L1 P4 R.002 I120 J60 Q6 (Tool 4 Front tool)

G10 L2 R180
G10 L1 P7 R.002 I-120 J-60 Q8 (Tool 7 Back tool)
See:
Lathe-g76-Front-Back.ngc

File Attachment:

File Name: Lathe-g76-...ck-2.ngc
File Size:2 KB

I hope this helps.
Attachments:

More
27 Nov 2015 12:54 #65858 by andypugh

If you cut from above and below the workpiece at the same time, only one of the tools will be displayed.

If both are on the same physical axis, then one will need to use negative diameters, and I think that in that case it will "Just Work"

For X on one side and U on the other as separate axes it is just about possible that GEOMETRY=XZ-U will work, but I haven't tried it.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds