HAL newbie struggling with debounce set up

More
04 Dec 2015 20:22 #66411 by andypugh

I'm at a loss right now on this. i thought it was cfg=3. Could someone check my halfile please. thanks

cfg=3 will give you debounce.0.0.in, debounce.0.1.in and debounce.0.2.in

All are linked to the debounce.0 function and used the debounce.0.delay time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2015 20:40 #66412 by cmtunnel
I think that's how I have it set up. It looks like there is a problem with the input being used by another but I'm not sure how to change it and have everything work. Reading hal manual now. I would be great to have someone look at the .hal. I'm not finding info online about some of the things we typed in from the earlier posts.

More
04 Dec 2015 22:08 #66414 by andypugh

I'm at a loss right now on this. i thought it was cfg=3. Could someone check my halfile please. thanks

Well, the very first thing is that I didn't realise that it was a Mesa setup. You don't have a base-thread, so the addf for the debounce needs to be to the servo-thread.

Then you have tried to connect 7i77.input-00 to both the both-home-x pin and the switch-debounced signal.
And, in fact, you have tried to use the switch-debounced signal for every axis.

The basic format of a net command it

net signal pin pin pin pin pin pin.

You can have as many pins as you like, but they need to exist in the HAL at that point, ie the component that creates them needs to be loaded.

You can make up any signal name you like.

The same signal name used on multiple lines will join together all the pins that are connected to that signal.

And, finally, only one pin in the net can be an output pin. (And, just to confuse things slightly, the hm2_7i77.0.input-NN pins are _outputs_ into HAL.)

So, remove the lines that create both-home x etc, and give differing names to the debounced signals for each pin.

More
04 Dec 2015 22:09 #66415 by andypugh

Well, the very first thing is that I didn't realise that it was a Mesa setup. You don't have a base-thread, so the addf for the debounce needs to be to the servo-thread.

Then you have tried to connect 7i77.input-00 to both the both-home-x pin and the switch-debounced signal.
And, in fact, you have tried to use the switch-debounced signal for every axis.

The basic format of a net command it

net signal pin pin pin pin pin pin.

You can have as many pins as you like, but they need to exist in the HAL at that point, ie the component that creates them needs to be loaded.

You can make up any signal name you like.

The same signal name used on multiple lines will join together all the pins that are connected to that signal.

And, finally, only one pin in the net can be an output pin. (And, just to confuse things slightly, the hm2_7i77.0.input-NN pins are _outputs_ into HAL.)

So, remove the lines that create both-home x etc, and give differing names to the debounced signals for each pin.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds